March Competition- Freestyle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes of course, happy to. I'm about to keg my Rasberry with a hint of passion fruit sour as well so if I leave it till later in the week then I can pop one of those in with it as well 🥳 .
Brilliant I have a Belgian tripel that I am waiting on to come good. I will include one as well 👍

Mashing in a saison. I was a bit light on pilsner malt

2.4kg pilsner
1kg Vienna malt
400g wheat
300g sugar

15g magnum@60mins
20g hallertau blanc@10mins
30g hallertau blanc@flameout
50g hallertau blanc@dryhop

Yeast will be wyeast french saison 3711
Abv 5.5%

This is my recipe, I have V2 in the fermenter at the min. I increased the pilsner malt to bring up the abv to 6.5%.
V3 will be upping the temperature slightly to get a bit more out of the yeast. V1 and V2 was at 20 degrees then slowly ramped up to 24 at the end of fermentation.

This is the feedback
Aroma- fruity, grape & pepper- 9/12

Appearance- Hazy, straw colour-3/3

Flavour- Lemon, grape and mild pepper yeast character. Maybe a little extra character from the yeast would be good
17/20

Mouthfeel- smooth, no astringency. GREAT carbonation which gave it a nice champagne like mouthfeel. Dry with glycerol type mouthfeel giving it some body 4/5

Overall - I like the Blanc playing off the yeast character. It was dry and crisp but the yeast gave it some body in the mouthfeel which comes from glycerol production I think.
9/10

Total -42pts

For those interested the recipe for my Rauch is below. The trick is to forget you have it for a little under two years.
Screenshot_20220402-143125.png

Back