Marvellous technique for finding lost items

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
'Ow do!
I've just learned a technique for finding lost items - it seems to work every time.
When you can't find something, get on t'Interweb, fork out your hard-earned cash and order a replacement - Amazon, Fleabay - this technique works with any retailer.
The day that it arrives you will find the original, as if by magic!
PS Anyone want to buy a battery charger for a Cannon Powershot camera - I've got two now!

Sounds perfect for my system of not leaving something where it is, and putting it in a 'safe' or 'memorable' place.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

I have OCD so everything has its place and the only time i cannot find something is when someone else has used it and not returned it to that place.

Before you ordered a replacement, did you get someone to give you a withering look and ask you where you had it last?
It's never worked before but you never know, so it's got to be worth a shot...

I'm often reminded that I just have a 'man look'. My wife finds everything I lose because she looks for it properly, and by properly she means more than just from a distance and not accepting that if it isn't in my immediate eye line, it is lost!!!!

I tell her that's why I got married, so I didn't have to look hard for things! That goes down canny with her!

I'm often reminded that I just have a 'man look'. My wife finds everything I lose because she looks for it properly, and by properly she means more than just from a distance and not accepting that if it isn't in my immediate eye line, it is lost!!!!

I tell her that's why I got married, so I didn't have to look hard for things! That goes down canny with her!

It's the other way round with me and the Mrs. She's forever putting stuff down in silly places and losing them in the depths of her handbag. I'm the one who ends up retracing her steps and finding the damn thing.

Three times in the last year she's "lost" her keys, and I've found them still hanging out if the front door. It's a miracle we still have a telly.

The only time I can never find anything is when the wife's tidied up. Yes dear the house looks really tidy now where did you put my shaver please?

Hi!
Wives are so unreasonable - she keeps harping on at me to hang up my clothes and I show her that I have hung them up - on the floor.
After all, what's the floor for if not to put things on it.

He is so talking about my 15 year old twin boys. They will swear blind that they haven't seen it, touched it, even knew of its very existence when I've just found it in their bed. I share Chippy's OCD, a place for everything and everything in its place. The Good Lord in her infinite wisdom is putting me through the trials of Job with these two lunatics.

It's the other way round with me and the Mrs. She's forever putting stuff down in silly places and losing them in the depths of her handbag. I'm the one who ends up retracing her steps and finding the damn thing.

Three times in the last year she's "lost" her keys, and I've found them still hanging out if the front door. It's a miracle we still have a telly.

Cripes, her handbag must be big if you can lose a telly in it :shock:

I have done the same at least 3 times with the charger for my Canon camera though I don't think the original Canon one ever showed up.

Latest posts

Back