Mash Kettle

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stubnut

Supporting Member
Reaction score
hi i was after a bit of advice i would like to go to the next level of home brew and invest in a mash kettle the likes of Klarstien etc
all info is greatly welcome
thanks in advance

What sort of advice would you like? I have a klarstein, and like the other all in one systems it is very easy to make a good beer in them. What is your budget? What sort of beer do you want to make, how regularly and how much would you like to brew at one time?

my budget is about the Klarstien range i would like to start making IPA type beers in 19/23L batches i have 4 corny kegs and bottles there is 4 of us in the house that drink IPA / Bitter / Cider i have been making kits for about a year now, but i would like to start making my own flavours, i like a hoppy beer myself

I don't have experience of the Klarstien, but like Rod I have that same Robobrew Brewzilla bundle and really enjoyed using it for the first time a couple of weeks ago. The Klarstien doesn't look too dissimilar.
You may need some way to heat sparge water (I don't as I am doing full volume mash right now, where I think the additional 5L capacity of the Brewzilla comes in handy).

I love my 30 litre klarstein - I'd go for that or the 35 litre even if you are aiming for 20 litre brews - the extra space is useful if you ever do stronger brews.

I just sparge with 5 litres of water that fits in my biggest pan. I do have a 35 litre pan but I never use it and should sell it really.

It is an able bit of kit - through I'd advise wrapping it in a camping mat and towels to keep the heat in for the mash.

Latest posts

Back