Mash p.h

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MattGuk

Reaction score
Really weird this one, and I'm guessing my P.H meter is on the blink.
Last night when adjusting my water and treating with CRS, I tested my water P.H and measured it at 5.27, I should add that I also calibrated it just before.
After mashing in today my mash is at 5.88, how is that possible?

It's not an issue I bother too much about. When we first moved into the house I tested the water supply and basically I formulated what I needed to add for certain beer types. I get on average a 90-94% extract so believe all is as well as it can be! I bought some ph papers some 35 years ago and probably still have most of them left!

It's not an issue I bother too much about. When we first moved into the house I tested the water supply and basically I formulated what I needed to add for certain beer types. I get on average a 90-94% extract so believe all is as well as it can be! I bought some ph papers some 35 years ago and probably still have most of them left!
After 35 years they've probably taken up enough moisture from the atmosphere to tell you the pH of the air you're breathing ashock1

Latest posts

Back