Matched betting

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone else tried matched betting? I got an ad for a website that guides you through it and finds all the offers for you and decided to give it a try. That was about 2 months ago and last week I ordered a B80 with my profits!!

Basically its a way to take advantage of the offers that bookies use to lure you in to gamble with them. The bookies give signup offers such as "bet £10 and get a free £20 bet" and ongoing offers to try to get you back, especially during big football matches. You place the £10 bet and lay it on a betting exchange (basically bet that the outcome you placed the £10 bet on doesnt happen - ie you bet £10 Man city will win and bet on the exchange they wont win - so could lose or draw). The website finds the best matches and calculates the lay bet amount for you, you will win one of the bets (back or lay) which normally results in a small loss of around 50p due to difference in the odds. You then do the same with the free bet which means you are guaranteed a win of about £17-18. Do this with all the bookies and continue with their reload offers and it becomes a great extra income.

You do need to be organised and careful as it could be easy to make a costly mistake. You also need a few hundred quid to start off with and its a good idea to make a separate email address and open a separate bank account. I do an hour or 2 in the evenings while im watching the baby and am making about £700 -900/month, next up is a brewtools unitank! Unfortunately it wont last forever as the bookies catch onto you and limit your account so you stop getting their offers.

Now I just have to wait a few weeks for my B80 as it has been delayed till end Nov but I seriously cant wait to try it out. The biggest issue I see with it is the amount of additional accessories for it which add up to more than the cost of the unit.

Yes did it years ago. Kind of stopped last year might pick it up again but it's just not that good anymore after sign up bets.

Plan to revisit at some point see what's on but years ago it was easy not it's slim pickings.

Yeah it’s brilliant if you know what you’re doing. I need to do some this weekend (not done and for a few weeks and I’m still paying for the odds checking platform) 🍺

Latest posts

Back