May 22 Competition - American Pale Ales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1652098963709.png

I have a California ‘uncommon’ common, and a APA I’d be keen to send if you DM me your address. Both stubbornly refusing to fully carb up, but should be fine with the weather warming up.

Hello all!

It's May and it's American Pale Ales month! I will be judging on the weekend of the 12th June so plenty of time to get your East Coast, West Coast, NEIPA, Hazy, APA's and IPA's in for judging! Anything brewed with American Hops! There will be three of us judging and I cannot wait to see what turns up!

Send me a PM if you want to send something in and i'll get you my address.
Posted the Two hearted today !

The competition Pale's fermenting well. currently 4 points over the expected FG. If it goes over 6.2% do I get disqualified as it's outside of the BJCP guidelines?

Attachments

• Accent Pale.png
    Accent Pale.png
    122.4 KB · Views: 14
Made by beer on Saturday. Book says to ferment for a week and then transfer to secondary for 12 days. I don't have the patience for that! I will let it sit for a week but then I am dry hopping in my serving keg. There is no way I will have the patience to wait 2 weeks. Straight into the fridge and on the gas.

I don't think my Tilt is reporting correctly. I think it's likely the size of the krausen messing with it. I'll leave it a week and take a hydrometer reading. Cutting it fine mind!

Back