May Brew and Swap - Saison

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
First impression, very tasty. It’s a crisp, dry beer with a good balance of bready malts and clovey yeast phenols. Needs a bit more conditioning time. The head was poor and lasted about 2 minutes. I’m very happy overall.

1E5084AE-55AD-4853-BC7D-7170619C6CD8.jpeg

Sorry can’t really help I’ve got one of their old style fillers but am considering moving over to the Nukatap one ! Let us know how you get on with it please 👍🏼

Just tried it and it doesn’t work too well with PET Bottles, the seal is too big and so there is no counter pressure causing it to foam. Managed to fill one very slowly, I’ll keep it in the fridge for a couple of days and see what’s it like when opened. Might have to get some bottles.

It turns out you guys announce swaps way too early. The Saison I brewed for the swap is... Err... Almost gone ! (Hic).

Anyway. I made up for it by brewing another one today. Damn, Belle Saison is a beast. I dry pitched it into the fermenter two hours ago and it's already bubbling!

It turns out you guys announce swaps way too early. The Saison I brewed for the swap is... Err... Almost gone ! (Hic).

Anyway. I made up for it by brewing another one today. Damn, Belle Saison is a beast. I dry pitched it into the fermenter two hours ago and it's already bubbling!
😂 I’d better bottle some before I go the same way!

I brewed my saison today: Saisons in the Abyss (for any Slayer fans out there).

4kg pilsner malt

5g magnum @ 60min
20g Chinook @ 20 min
30g Chinook @ 5 min
30g Chinook @ FO

Wyeast farmhouse ale.

I brewed 23L, fermented 19 with wyeast farmhouse and 4 litres with skare. The latter isn't a saison but I like to split batches if possible.

Fermenting both at 25c.

I brewed my saison today: Saisons in the Abyss (for any Slayer fans out there).

4kg pilsner malt

5g magnum @ 60min
20g Chinook @ 20 min
30g Chinook @ 5 min
30g Chinook @ FO

Wyeast farmhouse ale.

I brewed 23L, fermented 19 with wyeast farmhouse and 4 litres with skare. The latter isn't a saison but I like to split batches if possible.

Fermenting both at 25c.
Looks like a simple yet solid recipe 👍.

Latest posts

Back