May Brew and Swap - Saison

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm having a series of setbacks with my saison. I wanted to transfer it to keg at the beginning of the week, but realised my tubing was last used for a Brett/sour beer and is now dedicated to wild beers. I don't seem to have any other tubing to fit my syphon (I somehow have multiple syphons but no tubing for them). Ordered some more tubing but didn't read the product description properly and got beer line instead 🤦‍♂️ .

I ordered a new syphon (to add to my growing collection) but I've got this awful head & neck ache today so don't really wanna be doing heavy lifting and physical work.

I did try another sample of my saison, still not very saison like but tasty nonetheless. I got this yeast in Brew UK's yeast lucky dip, so I spent a while building up a starter and maybe I built it too big, so I'm not getting the esters or phenols I was promised.

I'm having a series of setbacks with my saison. I wanted to transfer it to keg at the beginning of the week, but realised my tubing was last used for a Brett/sour beer and is now dedicated to wild beers. I don't seem to have any other tubing to fit my syphon (I somehow have multiple syphons but no tubing for them). Ordered some more tubing but didn't read the product description properly and got beer line instead 🤦‍♂️ .

I ordered a new syphon (to add to my growing collection) but I've got this awful head & neck ache today so don't really wanna be doing heavy lifting and physical work.

I did try another sample of my saison, still not very saison like but tasty nonetheless. I got this yeast in Brew UK's yeast lucky dip, so I spent a while building up a starter and maybe I built it too big, so I'm not getting the esters or phenols I was promised.
Nightmare. But these things are sent to try us.

Just had a sample of my saison, packaged on Tuesday. Carbed up already, and it's hitting the right notes for me. Despite that I had a mare with bottling what was left after filling a corny, and I stirred up the trub /yeast, some of which was carried over. Looking forward to the swap 😃

It’s time for a roll call. Post below if you’ve got a beer to send, and if it’ll be ready for either the weekend of 20th or the 27th. If there‘s a load of us, I’ll blow the dust off the Secert Santa spreadsheet to sort out the swaps

I’ve got one to post, good to send out on either date.

We've got 9 confirmed so far, 8 in for 3 bottles (I am assuming) and 1 in for 2. There have been a couple of people posting on the thread who haven’t got back. It’s quite a few so it might be easiest if I run the Secret Santa spread sheet and post the swaps on Friday, with a two bottle side swap so @FirebladeAdam can take part too.

I only have two bottles available to swap though. Sorry, I missed the bit where it said it needed 3 and 'accidentally' drank one of the PET bottles a week ago to 'test' that it was still OK (spoiler: it was)

Back