May competition American pale ale's

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yh i plan on judging the last 2 on Tuesday night and will announce the winner either that night or Wednesday. I have scored them out of 30 but also written a review of them would anybody have a problem with me putting this in the thread or would you all prefer a private message?

I think members would find reading the reviews interesting so may be the way forward for the competition threads, if winners were to add recipes to the thread members could also ask questions in the thread.

Right finally got through them all. First off I'd like to thank every one that entered the competition and apologise for taking so long to get through them. I'm fairly new to judging beer so if i sound like I'm talking **** i probably am. Here is the results from last to first
@brewhaha LBD black IPA -21
@Dads_Ale cryo gold - 22
@RichardM Hop Fiction - 23.5
@MmmBeer Hoof Hearted AIPA 23.5
@IainM Black IPA - 24.5
@IainM NEIPA - 24.5
Congrsts to @IainM
I will follow this up with individual results and reviews

IainM NEIPA

ABV. 6.8%

Aroma: 10 -10
Appearance 6.5 - 10
Taste 8 - 10
Total 24.5 - 30

Notes.
Opaque, orange in colour with not much head. Looks slightly oxidized. The aroma of this beer is amazing. Juicy tropical passion fruit. The taste is really full, bitter but not over the top. Quite balanced with hops and malt. Very nice indeed. IainM NEIPA.jpg

MmmBeer Hoof Hearted AIPA

ABV. 6.4%

Aroma: 7.5 - 10
Appearance 8 - 10
Taste 8 - 10
Total 23.5 - 30

Notes.
Quite citrus on the nose with some toffee notes from the malt. Orange and copper in colour with a thin head that's sticking around. Slightly hazy. A good balance of malt and hop flavour with a good bitterness. A impressive beer true to its style MmmBeer Hoof Hearted AIPA.jpg

Latest posts

Back