May Competition - American Pale Ales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have had a few enquiries already so I thought I would post. Time to get all of your American type pales - pale ale, West Coast, East Coast etc etc, in for the monthly comp.

I am planning on judging on the weekend of the 5th June.

PM for my address

Count me in. I have a Neipa bubbling away. Hopefully that works out for me if not I have a Vienna IPA with Talus citra and cascade as a back up. 👍

I just brewed an APA. Unfortunately I don't think I'm allowed to ship it over. I'll just have to watch from afar...

Bottled my APA yesterday, hopefully my ghetto bottling gun from my pressure fermenter has worked ok. Added a little sugar to finish off carbonation so will ask for your address when I know it’s all turned out ok.

Tasted a little disappointing straight from the FV, I hope it improves - it’s the 4th time I’ve made this beer but the first time I’ve adjusted the water profile and first time I haven’t bothered dry hopping

Last edited:
I have had a few enquiries already so I thought I would post. Time to get all of your American type pales - pale ale, West Coast, East Coast etc etc, in for the monthly comp.

I am planning on judging on the weekend of the 5th June.

PM for my address
Hi could you send details please

This might be some of my best packaging yet...!🤨

However the quality of the beer is very much a guess. I've been having some oxidisation problems of late. At sending these two were good... But who knows.

Back