May Competition - American Pale Ales

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Woo hoo 🥳
Quite surprised as this neipa didn't turn out quite as planned.... recipe for a 27L batch is below.
Effieciency/OG was quite a bit higher than expected using normal Crisp best and extra pale malt rather than Golden Promise.
The hop aroma is a bit dissappointing considering the dry hop I thought, but it makes up for it a bit with the juicy flavour.....

Mashed at 66
Fermented at 15

The yeast was saved from the previous brew, probs equivalent to 3 dry packs.

🍻
Screenshot_20210607-053937_BeerSmith 3.jpg
Screenshot_20210607-053958_BeerSmith 3.jpg
Screenshot_20210607-054017_BeerSmith 3.jpg

Woo hoo 🥳
Quite surprised as this neipa didn't turn out quite as planned.... recipe for a 27L batch is below.
Effieciency/OG was quite a bit higher than expected using normal Crisp best and extra pale malt rather than Golden Promise.
The hop aroma is a bit dissappointing considering the dry hop I thought, but it makes up for it a bit with the juicy flavour.....

Mashed at 66
Fermented at 15

The yeast was saved from the previous brew, probs equivalent to 3 dry packs.

🍻
View attachment 48651View attachment 48652View attachment 48653
No beer scored higher on flavour.

Below is the link for my White IPA. I have had issues with bottling pale beers recently so I was just relieved that @Leon103 got a fresh beer with no oxidation 😑. Maybe it was the fly juice that had some scavenging effects....when transferring to the keg I noticed a fly had got into the Fermenter when transferring on brew day😳...turned out ok in the end😬
https://share.brewfather.app/81jxXxDvmkYWxw

Below is the link for my White IPA. I have had issues with bottling pale beers recently so I was just relieved that @Leon103 got a fresh beer with no oxidation 😑. Maybe it was the fly juice that had some scavenging effects....when transferring to the keg I noticed a fly had got into the Fermenter when transferring on brew day😳...turned out ok in the end😬
https://share.brewfather.app/81jxXxDvmkYWxw

Yes there was a wing or two in the final beer.

Back