Medicinal cannabis use to be reviewed by government

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
One of my close relatives is disabled having damaged his spine in an accident a few years ago he is in constant pain and takes very strong pain killers to ease it but this has caused him to have ulcers in the past he tried cannabis having read it can help and it did ease the pain but he doesn't like to fund drug dealers and also doesn't want a record if he gets caught, i think this is a huge step in the right direction and with luck in the future people with chronic pain will also be allowed to use medicinal cannabis.

BBC News -

The use of medicinal cannabis is to be reviewed, which could lead to more prescriptions of drugs made from the plant, the home secretary has said.

The decision was prompted by recent high-profile cases of children with severe epilepsy being denied access to cannabis oil to control seizures.

But Sajid Javid stressed the drug would remain banned for recreational use.

Charlotte Caldwell, whose son Billy has severe epilepsy, welcomed the decision after campaigning for change.

He said the cases of Alfie Dingley and Billy Caldwell had made him conclude it was time to review the use of cannabis for medicinal purposes.

He also announced that six-year-old Alfie, who has a very rare form of epilepsy that causes up to 150 seizures per month, was being issued with a licence to receive cannabis-based drugs.

His family had originally applied to the government in April, saying his condition improved after using cannabis oil in the Netherlands.

Read more here - https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-44536978

Last edited:
The joke is they are called controlled substances yet they have no control over who uses them. Kratom is supposed to be an amazing painkiller and mood lifter with very little side effects which they recently made illegal.

The joke is they are called controlled substances yet they have no control over who uses them.
The idea that you can control unwanted goods has always been a joke. There has, and always will be, a black market for any controlled goods. All you can ever really achieve with all this control is to push the black market price up, encouraging more illegal suppliers by raising their potential profits.
On the specific case of cannabis, the benefits (including therapeutical) of legalisation clearly outway any continuation of the truly farcical attempt to control it, if for no other reason than the sheer cost of trying to police it.

I advocate for CBD only (zero THC). Many people swear by it, many say it's not working, but everyone is different.
For me, CBD oil really works...if you find the right one. The one I take has other healing additives in it...as well...
This chap's a spammer, every post is hawking something via a link in his content.

Last edited by a moderator:
I advocate for CBD only (zero THC). Many people swear by it, many say it's not working, but everyone is different.
For me, CBD oil really works...if you find the right one. The one I take has other healing additives in it...as well...
Really?
The only scientific research done on this stuff has shown it has absolutely no benefits at all.

Regarding CBD oil - my daughter takes it for her ME, it does seem to help. And my Mrs takes it for her arthritis and she swears by it.

I used to be in favour of legalisation for all uses until I lived in a row of terraced houses where 2 of the other 3 houses were occupied by major “wake and bake” type stoners.

Couldn’t even sit in my garden in the summer months without being overwhelmed by the stench of weed from 7AM until 11PM every single day. They were respectable professional types (one was a school teacher hence the all day smoking in the summer) as well. Before that I always thought people treated weed like 99.9% of the population treat alcohol and had a spliff or 2 to unwind on a Friday night.

I also recently had a catch up with an old school friend and was asking about some of the guys he used to hang about with. The guy who used to be his best friend won’t invite him around to his house because he won’t share a doobie with him so they hardly see each other which is a massive shame because the 2 of them were hilarious together.

These days I’m all in favour of medicinal legalisation but if recreational comes into it there needs to be tight controls over when and where it can be consumed.

This chap's a spammer, every post is hawking something via a link in his content.

Linalmeemow - This is weird i do not see the link in the original post only in your quote of it. (it no longer works)

You say every post by him is hawking something are you seeing any more i have checked his recent posts and they seem fine.

Linalmeemow - This is weird i do not see the link in the original post only in your quote of it. (it no longer works)

You say every post by him is hawking something are you seeing any more i have checked his recent posts and they seem fine.

His last three posts have been edited by a moderator today to remove links to a poker site and CBD sites.

28/02 post advertising a web based radio site
06/10/2019 can openers (!)
25/05/2019 water filters
23/05/2019 cookware
02/10/2018 cookware
30/10/2018 coffee makers

I could go on - it's every post though, there's a link to an external site in every post.

Thanks Linalmeemow, I have just found out Myqul has been deleting them so thats why i wasn't seeing them.

Looks like he has been doing this for a couple of years, time to put it to a permanent end.
rrrrrrrrrr.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back