mexican cerveza ferment temperature

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tropicalpalmtree

Reaction score
my mexican cerveza has been fermenting for 4 days at 18 degrees according to the instructions. ive used the kit yeast, is this the right temp to keep it at throughout the ferment or should it be higher to help the yeast?

reason i ask is because a google search came up with a brewing manual from lovebrewing.com and for coopers yeast they reccomend 21-27 degrees to ferment (although this seems more inline with the wort temp when pitching the yeast so im really unsure) i have a small heater in the room with the beer so can be adjusted easily.

there is about 1cm of krausen and precipitation across the lid so a reaction is taking place, just a little concerned it may be too cold?

thanks

Last edited:
If this is the wilko Mexican Cerbeza that you're referring to I've done it twice recently and it's been fast both times... 24 hours to kick off then it goes mad for 4-5 days and job done.

Temperature a steady 20-22 degrees.

If you have followed the kit instructions you are doing it right. Coopers kits do not all come with the same yeast, contrary to what a lot of people think, and in fact your Cerveza kit comes with a yeast that it is a mix of ale and lager yeasts, which is why, I assume, you are instructed to ferment at 18*C to give your beer a 'clean' taste. I often use the AuPA as a base and that shares the same yeast as the Cerveza and I find its quite happy to ferment at 19*C , and will go down to 1.007 on occasion.

Latest posts

Back