MH1230A Temperature Controller

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smileyr8

Impressive Member
Reaction score
Right I have been looking for something to better regulate the temperatures of my boiler (Burco Sygnet) I have been using my STC1000 but know I have been pushing my luck as its only rated at 10amps (+ I won't be able to use it going forward as its set for its original designed purpose my brew fridge).

So I suppose my question is this has anybody used one of the MH1230A Temperature Controllers, the plan is to use it for the mash stage of the brew.

It looks pretty much like the STC1000 but only controls one switch either heat or cool.

Pity Inkbird don't do a 30A plug & play device as I think there's a gap in the market for such a device.

I already have an Inkbird and a couple of STC-1000's but they're all 10A and can't use on my boilers.

I don't want to go down the PID/relay route (looks way more complicated than I need) and have also been looking into the 30A STC's :thumb:

Pity Inkbird don't do a 30A plug & play device as I think there's a gap in the market for such a device.

I already have an Inkbird and a couple of STC-1000's but they're all 10A and can't use on my boilers.

I don't want to go down the PID/relay route (looks way more complicated than I need) and have also been looking into the 30A STC's :thumb:

I have been using my STC with the Burco for mashing, but to be honest I think I am pushing my luck. I think I am going to take a punt on one of these.

Just bought one. Same plan as you and I already have all the rest of the necessary electrical gubbins to fit/box it (bought from CPC a while back).

Mine has arrived, I have to say I am a little disappointed as the slewing range is only by 1 degree increments, also the delay before start is also in 1 minute intervals.

Same here,still cant find a good quality 30amp ssr temp controller with heat sink at a good price,very expensive the ones i have been looking at.Contacted Inkbird and they dont do anything for 30 amp rated 5.5kw output on a 240v system single phase.There is definately a market for these.Anyone got a good system up and running that is problem free???

Right I have been looking for something to better regulate the temperatures of my boiler (Burco Sygnet) I have been using my STC1000 but know I have been pushing my luck as its only rated at 10amps (+ I won't be able to use it going forward as its set for its original designed purpose my brew fridge).

So I suppose my question is this has anybody used one of the MH1230A Temperature Controllers, the plan is to use it for the mash stage of the brew.

It looks pretty much like the STC1000 but only controls one switch either heat or cool.

I've got two. Awful. Accuracy is appalling. Looking to switch to PIDs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've got two. Awful. Accuracy is appalling. Looking to switch to PIDs.

Yeh, I am looking into this at the moment, it's all a little bit daunting, I think I have a handle on the wiring but the controllers themselves even though looking all the same are not, some only display whole number temperatures as opposed to decimals.

Has anyone got any advice?

Yeh, I am looking into this at the moment, it's all a little bit daunting, I think I have a handle on the wiring but the controllers themselves even though looking all the same are not, some only display whole number temperatures as opposed to decimals.

Has anyone got any advice?

I'm in the market for lots of easily followed PID advice too. Really want to get accurate control of my HLT.

Last edited by a moderator:
All, we have the PID series thermostat, you can use with 25A/40A/60A SSR with the Inkbird ITC-100VH.

Here're 2 link for your reference:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00ADHNSGI/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00HVA23CK/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20

By the way, we will have the pre-wired PID coming soon.
So i am looking for a 30amp 240v pid controller with heat sink to operate a 5.5kw heating element,when asked inkbird,they stated you do not supply these,so this is possible very soon?

Watch the thread "Boiler Automation Electrical Advice Required"

I'm working on a video for my YouTube channel to help guys just like you.

Hope to have it done middle of the week. (Ish)

Maybe chippy or myquil will be able to insert a link to that thread for me? I can't seem to do it from my iPad.

So i am looking for a 30amp 240v pid controller with heat sink to operate a 5.5kw heating element,when asked inkbird,they stated you do not supply these,so this is possible very soon?

Hi,

Sorry, we do not have 1 set with heat sink now, but you can try to order the heat sink and the ITC-100VH+K sensor+25A/40A SSR from us, I meant 2 orders.

Same here,still cant find a good quality 30amp ssr temp controller with heat sink at a good price,very expensive the ones i have been looking at.Contacted Inkbird and they dont do anything for 30 amp rated 5.5kw output on a 240v system single phase.There is definately a market for these.Anyone got a good system up and running that is problem free???

Nope. There is a gap and I've already pointed it out. I've been forced to purchase this and a project box. Ordered it today as it happens.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01449N3A6/?tag=skimlinks_replacement-20
not looking forward to putting it together. Pretty sure I can, though.

Latest posts

Back