Mick Dundee’s Kegerator Build

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is with all the parcel tape?
Tape around the fridge door is because of a ***** seal on my brew fridge. I do plan on getting one of those baby proofing fridge catches at some point but never got around to it.

Tape on the FV holds the sponge in place for my temp probe.

Tape around the fridge door is because of a ***** seal on my brew fridge. I do plan on getting one of those baby proofing fridge catches at some point but never got around to it.

Tape on the FV holds the sponge in place for my temp probe.
I had a similar issue. It would freeze inside and then melt. I used some sealant tape that I had from Aldi or Lidl. The sort of stuff they put on Windows and doors. Taped it up over the problem area and it seems to be ok now. As an alternative why don't you attach a bungie cable from the handle to the back of the fridge. Saves cutting the tape every time

Drip tray arrived today. Pretty sure it’s shorter than advertised but it’ll fit fine under my taps even if it doesn’t cover the small scratch on my fridge. I’ll install it when I finish work
E4628C46-3E4A-429A-ACCE-C69C2FB609F1.jpeg

Looks really well. What have you on tap

Just a bitter at the moment. In my wisdom I put a lager on to brew 3 weeks ago thinking “I’m not likely to finish a keg anytime soon”. Boom, I finished my keg of witbier a week later. Going to get a NEIPA on early next week.

It’s completely full for the first time. Transferred what was left of my NEIPA into my 10L mini keg and kegged my Hefe tonight.

I thought for a moment in the sample jar that there were fusels but I think it’s just the banana from the yeast.

So in the kegerator I have:
  • 10L NEIPA,
  • an open keg of “Japanese” lager,
  • A keg of Helles (I think I might have been sent dark Munich instead of light though because it’s pretty dark for being 90% lager malt 10% Munich)
  • A keg of Hefeweizen
  • About 30 x 330ml bottles of saison

49BD321F-A838-4BE6-BED0-37AEFBD6D573.jpeg

I can only just fit 3 kegs plus the 10L and get the door closed though. If I want to fit 4 I’ll need to change my kegs for the “new” shape.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back