Microbrewery HACCP?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suffolkbeer

Regular.
Reaction score
Hoping someone on here can help me out!!!

I am almost ready to start brewing in my 200 litre microbrewery, legal stuff mostly sorted.
I am having trouble writing a HACCP plan for the environmental health though. Its all alien to me and I cant really afford to pay a consultant to do one.

Does anyone have a copy of one written for a microbrewery which they would Be happy for me to use/adapt?

I woud be forever grateful
Kind regards
Mike

Last edited by a moderator:
My friend recently had to do one for a 1000litre brewery it ran into 136 pages.... i cant offer any advice but good luck

There seems to be some info on government. UK website..also Google throws up info on templates.
It's something you will need to have in place by the looks of it as these things get inspected...as to how complex you need it to be in have no idea. Could your local council help?
I had to do some fire and cosh for the wife's shop as she employs people and occasionally has work experience students from a local college. .I went the simple route and it was all satisfactory.

When I had 1BBL brewery I don't remember having one of these, it may have come with the brewery but if it did no one ever asked to see it. I imagine I will have to do one soon but am still waiting for planning permission first so am interested in how you get on, was it the local council that asked for it?

It's all about due diligence and **** covering....if you have the required paper work and carry out your daily checks and have a contingency plan in the event of a disaster it will see you in better stead than "oh I didn't know....".
The latest "regs" my Mrs had to comply with in her dog grooming shop was...the shower head could not be left to rest in any standing water incase water siphoned up the shower hose,through the electric shower,against the incoming water pressure....yes....and contaminated the mains supply...I kid you not...not even putting a one way valve in the line was acceptable. Putting a bungee elastic on the shower head was...cost about £2....nonesense factor...priceless!!
I asked if he was visiting the less than clean people in the town,car washes,hair dressers etc....I got a very unhappy look...ffs. ..

Latest posts

Back