Milestone Black Pearl, no OG-FG details on instructions?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkyStar

Reaction score
Hellows guys, i'm brewing the milestone black pearl irish stout, there are very detailed instuctions inside, like removing the heathed can from the water with a tovel because it can hurt your hands, but i did not see any instructions talking about the Original Gravity and the Final Gravity check when fermentations is done. i know the 3days in a row stable FG, but still how would i know if my fermentation is stuck, the instructions says to wait 7 days, at 21C and "when it's done, it's done"

has anyone of you guys, never made this kit?

Beers tend to go down to 1010, if it only gets down to 1020 it's stuck. And I'd ferment it for at least 14 days not the 7 days that the instructions say, that's too short.

Interested in knowing how this turns out as well have this one sat to do at some point.

Join the BrewChat - open minds and adults only :wink: - Click here

How did it go?
I've got a black pearl on the go - the OG was only 1030 so I added 200g of Muscovado sugar to raise it to 1038. anyway, after a week it's down to 1008 and it's still going so I'll leave it another week. However, it tastes pretty good already - lots of liquorish.

Latest posts

Back