Mini casks

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marcarm

Regular.
Reaction score
Does these look like reusable casks? I get all my ingredients from there so would be easy to get as I wouldn't have to pay postage, as well as being only £10 more than an empty one, it comes with all that nice beer :)

http://www.wibblersbrewery.org.uk/s...ypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=14&category_id=7

I've looked at a few guides but not sure what I'm looking for. I have had a few Adnams casks but got rid of them without realising they could possibly be reused :(

Thought that might be the case. What am I looking for to know whether they can be reused?

I might just tweet them and see what they say.

I'm guessing it will be all to do with the tap, and if it can be removed to refill, then sealed again without leaks?

Funnily enough I was there today and yes they can be reused in a couple of different ways.

Just looks like a standard Easykeg and as such would be reusable. You can find similar brews in large Tesco stores and I have a few. It will probably have a standard 3 part plug in the top which is removable and reusable - spare plugs are available if needed.

Just looks like a standard Easykeg and as such would be reusable. You can find similar brews in large Tesco stores and I have a few. It will probably have a standard 3 part plug in the top which is removable and reusable - spare plugs are available if needed.

What he said, I have just reused one myself and seems to be holding pressure well so far (fingers crossed) there are videos online for how to disassemble them it's pretty straightforward

Back