Mini keg taste.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sdt7618

Landlord.
Reaction score
Bought a mini keg last week of ghost ship. But have to say nothing like the bottles or cans. Quite bland.

Is this something anyone else has noticed?

That's weird because I bought a keg of Shipyard Pale about a month ago and thought that it actually had more flavour and aroma than the bottles. I noticed flavours that I hadn't previously noticed in the bottled version but when I next had a bottle I could taste them but they were subdued.

As above, bought a keg of Ghost Ship whilst on holiday this year and really quite enjoyed it. Thought it tasted great. Check the sell by date.

I agree it's probably down to how the keg was stored, age of the beer, etc. Did you drink it over a day or two or did you slowly drink it?
I occasionally buy full mini-kegs from a local brewery and the beer is always awesome. But I have to be in the mood to drink a fair bit over a weekend, because if you leave it after you open it it loses flavour and carbonation. I suppose if I had a mini-keg CO2 tap system, it would probably be okay to leave longer.

serving temp? serve too cool and you could suppress some aspects of flavour.

Could have been to cold for sure, also never did check how old it was.

Was drunk over the course of a weekend so 3 days max.

I did however enjoy the shipyard pale, not that I have anything to compare it against as never had the bottle version. but at £11 for the keg more than impressed and a keg to boot!

My personal experience with mini keg Ghost Ship was great, very hoppy (I can now recognise Citra hops in any beer), so nice that I bought direct from Adnam and would do again.

But recently bought a bottle and if that had been my only time trying it I would have never bought it again, not very hoppy just a kind of dankish kinda taste, not great or Citra.

I believe it`s got to be the date, fresher the better. I would definately recommend buying direct. Don`t know if they always do but my first order came with a £10 voucher for my next order, was hoping for another but got a bottle opener hehe. Helps that they use the good bungs on the mini kegs for us homebrewers or I might have second thoughts.

My personal experience with mini keg Ghost Ship was great, very hoppy (I can now recognise Citra hops in any beer), so nice that I bought direct from Adnam and would do again.

But recently bought a bottle and if that had been my only time trying it I would have never bought it again, not very hoppy just a kind of dankish kinda taste, not great or Citra.

I believe it`s got to be the date, fresher the better. I would definately recommend buying direct. Don`t know if they always do but my first order came with a �����£10 voucher for my next order, was hoping for another but got a bottle opener hehe. Helps that they use the good bungs on the mini kegs for us homebrewers or I might have second thoughts.

Having just checked their website, it's only 99p more expensive to get 2 mini kegs delivered than at my local Morrisons or Tesco. Definitely up for that. Might be an early Christmas present to me ������ :thumb:

Oh and if you get 4 or spend 60 delivery is free and you can use the code Troop10 to get £10 pound off. So 4 minikegs for £50 delivered. Bargain in my eyes. Two ghost ship, a mosaic pale and their IPA for me I think and the mini kegs to use

Latest posts

Back