mini kegs

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could you store the 10 litres on their sides? Trying to work out how to chill them as tight on space and not allowed another fridge

anyone know the sizes
You would need to have a check valve or something between the disconnect and the regulator to stop liquid going up the gas line but otherwise you can. The description of the kegs on BKT has this paragraph:

Due to the fact that these kegs use a flexible silicone dip tube/spear the kegs can also be dispensed on their side or upright so irrespective of what is the most convenient orientation in your fridge you can stand the keg up or lie the keg down and the dip tube will always sink and draw liquid from the bottom (as it's heavier than beer).

Could you store the 10 litres on their sides? Trying to work out how to chill them as tight on space and not allowed another fridge

anyone know the sizes
Yup. They fit well in a fridge if you take the veg draws out. I don’t store mine with the regulator attached, but if you are planning to, you may want to consider adding a check valve to prevent beer going into your regulator.

EDIT: just saw your post @MickDundee - beat me to it!

Kegland have detailed measurements with and without the mini-reg and disconnects on their website - all these kegs will be the same.

Hello Guys, sorry to disturb the conversation, i didn't want to create a new one just for my little question.
I ordered Dar Farm mini kegs last Sunday, and since then, I have no updates, no tracking number, no news from that.
How much time did it took for you to recieve it?
Thank you! And again sorry to disturb

Hello Guys, sorry to disturb the conversation, i didn't want to create a new one just for my little question.
I ordered Dar Farm mini kegs last Sunday, and since then, I have no updates, no tracking number, no news from that.
How much time did it took for you to recieve it?
Thank you! And again sorry to disturb
All online brew places are finding themselves stretched at the moment.

I ordered mine from BKT on Monday, and the website said they have a 3-4 day delay between order and despatch. I received notification yesterday that it had been despatched and will be delivered by DPD
Monday.

All online brew places are finding themselves stretched at the moment.

I ordered mine from BKT on Monday, and the website said they have a 3-4 day delay between order and despatch. I received notification yesterday that it had been despatched and will be delivered by DPD
Monday.

Ok thanks for the answer. I knew it would take a little bit more with the situation of course. That was the lack of information that surprised me... I will wait. Thanks again!;)

Check your spam folder for emails from Dark Farm. My last ones went there instead of my inbox. If you're worried, email Gareth the owner. He responds quickly
He’s a sponsor on here as well @Gareth Davies but don’t think he’s posted for a while.

EDIT - his profile says he was last seen 27th of May so only a week or so ago.

Just ordered a 10L Sodastream set up from BKT they had 2 in stick this morning after having been out of stock for weeks.

Just received my order with the ball lock lid missingasad1

I’ve emailed them so will hopefully hear back soon. It’s a good job I can’t do anything about it until one of my current brews is ready for bottling.

I also assumed that “Intertap” was automatically a flow control tap but that doesn’t appear to be the case, I’ll see how I get in initially but might buy either a new tap or one of those flow control disconnects.

I’ve emailed them so will hopefully hear back soon. It’s a good job I can’t do anything about it until one of my current brews is ready for bottling.

I also assumed that “Intertap” was automatically a flow control tap but that doesn’t appear to be the case, I’ll see how I get in initially but might buy either a new tap or one of those flow control disconnects.
Oh no. I'm sure they will sort it for you. Its disappointing when you are excited and have something missing. 🙁
Talking of disappointment I have been looking at mini kegs every day since I made this post. Today I finally decided to order the one I seen on aliexpress. Started to make the payment. For them to then tell me they don't ship to me. 😭
I might go for a naked keg. They look good.

Jonny came back to me last night, apologised and said he’s send the ball lock lid out this morning by DPD.

Jonny came back to me last night, apologised and said he’s send the ball lock lid out this morning by DPD.
Just had my DPD email confirming it’ll be delivered tomorrow. He might have made an initial cock up but I’m impressed with how quick and professionally Jonny has recitified given how busy they are at the moment.

Back