Minton's gold Old English Bitter

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavieC

Landlord.
Reaction score
Hi all, I just bottled this kit yesterday.It sat undisturbed in the FV for 6 weeks as I was struggling for time but as a result was fairly clear.Transfered it into bottling bucket onto a 52g sugar syrup(half Ltr water) I gently stirred as it went in as I'm convinced I've been ending up with unevenly distributed priming sugar throughout my bottles so decided to take no chances.Ended up with 40 500ml bottles.The plastic one has already started to harden nicely.The taste sample of finished beer was quite bitter but should soften slightly with conditioning.FG was 1013.Kit is 3kg malt, 6g 'premium' yeast which fermented strongly and packed down tightly.I used a builders trug water bath with heater set@20'. Ive not had chance to do much brewing this year and having the day off from work and taking a few hours to wash and clean all the bottles and go through the procedure was a real pleasure.Cant wait to start drinking it. athumb.. :beer1:

In bottle for 3 weeks, lovely malty,nutty taste and satisfying bitter aftertaste will improve more with time but really good already.
IMG_20211211_195319.jpg

Back