Missing Person(s)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@MyQul is not the only one to have gone missing over the last months. I suppose people drift in and out, but I really used to enjoy the contributions from @Gulpitdarn, especially his idea of fermenting the whole mash before sparging. A truly free thinker. Funnily enough I found a record of a similar approach in a scandinavian recipe. Then just after I joined, @alsacebrew was one of the first to welcome me to the forum and recommended the Whitbread Porter from the Durden Park booklet. I wonder what happens to these guys. :beer1:

I don't want to go into too much detail but I have been contacted by a handful of members over the last 12 months who are having a tough time, Gulpit is not one of them.

Gulpit last logged in in June if he is visiting as a guest it won't show in his profile.

I guess most of us here are at the upper end of the age group where covid and flu are most fatal as you say fingers crossed that we all get through this, I see they have said all over 50's should have had the vaccine by the end of March.

I guess most of us here are at the upper end of the age group where covid and flu are most fatal as you say fingers crossed that we all get through this, I see they have said all over 50's should have had the vaccine by the end of March.
Well let's hope so though I did here May mentioned and if so I'll be turning 51 and will gladly take it.

It's not often I look forward to a call from the doctor, the sooner the better.

I started on the flu jab 2 years ago and like most can't wait for my covid jab, besides i need a bloody holiday
Got my first flu jab in November past and only took as my workplace was offering it for free,then last month got contacted by the doctors surgery to inform me I was entitled to one though a bit late.

Had a text from the practice in Poole (who I've told repeatedly, I'm no longer there) for a jab next week. Needless to say I has to decline. I don't even think it's possible to get to the UK and back in these pestilential times. So I'll have to wait for the call up here. The roll-out's slower here, but on the other hand the infection density is less than 70 in 100,000 and I live the life of a hermit so that I don't have to share any of my beer. So we should be ok.
@terrym , too is conspicuous by has absence. I hope the lad's ok.

Last edited:
Back