MJ Helles - Batch Priming

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickyE93

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have currently got a Mangrove Jacks Craft Helles in the FV. This is only my fourth kit that I’m doing and apart from my first where I used carbonation drops, I’ve always had kits that supply the priming sugar at the right quantity.
The MJ Helles kit doesn’t come with the priming sugar so I was wondering if anyone else has batch primed the MJ Helles kit and how much sugar you used? The calculator is telling me to use about 150g of table sugar but wanted second opinions! Thanks :)

20200509_181118.jpg

I did this kit last year but didn't batch prime as I usually bottle direct from the FV to reduce the likelihood of any contamination or oxidation. I used a plastic half teaspoon measure of sugar very slightly rounded up; in other words a slightly generous half tsp. The first picture will give you and idea of the initial carbonation in the glass and the second shows how it settled with a nice lasting head. A good kit though the hops are slightly sherbetty.
20200509_182421.jpg

I had approximately 165g of brewing sugar left so I batch primed the lot. S
IMG_20210119_150009.jpg

Hi All,

I have currently got a Mangrove Jacks Craft Helles in the FV. This is only my fourth kit that I’m doing and apart from my first where I used carbonation drops, I’ve always had kits that supply the priming sugar at the right quantity.
The MJ Helles kit doesn’t come with the priming sugar so I was wondering if anyone else has batch primed the MJ Helles kit and how much sugar you used? The calculator is telling me to use about 150g of table sugar but wanted second opinions! Thanks :)
Just realised you probably didn't realise my earlier posts were in reply to yours and by "this kit" I meant MJ Helles Lager!

Back