Mj juicy ipa

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joiner_8

new to beer brewing
Reaction score
Just opened a 500ml pet bottle of juicy ipa that was carbed with 2 brew2bottle carb drops, finished it's 2 weeks warm conditioning yesterday and put in the fridge overnight.
It had a good head to start with but soon lost it also it does not have a strong hop taste it's still has a citrus taste, I take it this will all improve with age

Attachments

• 20210428_205702.jpg
    20210428_205702.jpg
    14 KB · Views: 132
Yes I followed the instructions 50 grams of citra hops in a muslin bag

Just kegged one of these. Massive hit of Mango from the fermenter.
For the record, hops were bagged. Not noticed that it makes much difference, if any, in the past

Cheers Tom

I've done the Juicy IPA and it was great. They say however you should add the hop pellets directly into the brew to get the best flavour. It does mention using a muslin bag if you don't want sediment but warns this will reduce the hop flavour. I left mine for 4 weeks and it was well carbonated and had a good taste to it.

I've done 2 of these kits and I have another one in the shed to do this weekend. I also just threw the hops in loose. No complaints on lack of flavour, both kits were the same. I did find a couple of bottles a couple of months after bottling that were pushed to the back of the fridge. These had definitely lost some hop flavour, so I would suggest not to leave them too long.

I've done the Juicy IPA and it was great. They say however you should add the hop pellets directly into the brew to get the best flavour. It does mention using a muslin bag if you don't want sediment but warns this will reduce the hop flavour. I left mine for 4 weeks and it was well carbonated and had a good taste to it.
So was that 2 weeks carbing and another 2 conditioning

So was that 2 weeks carbing and another 2 conditioning
After bottling 2 weeks in a warm cupboard, then out to the garage for another 2 mate. I've still got about 30 bottles left, I had one the other day which has been in the garage for 3 weeks and that tasted really good.

I'll be opening one tonight just finished the carbing on Wednesday, a bit early but can't wait

I would definitely say the longer left the better 🍺👍
But I can never wait long lol 😂

Hoppy beers are really meant to be drunk young as the flavour will fade however the actual beer will improve as does most beers with maturation but as I have said with this goes the sharp hop taste to more mellow taste

Hoppy beers are really meant to be drunk young as the flavour will fade
I really need to test this with commercial beers. I have in mind Brewdog's Hazy Jane, which is probably the most hop-oriented beer I know. I plan to keep some cans for a few months, six months, and then a year or two and see what changes do take place.
Probably all been done before, I guess, but it would interest me as my own hoppy beers seem relatively stable (but I never keep them for a huge amount of time!!)

50g of hops are unlikely to give you a big hop hit. 150-200g will get closer to the popular hoppy bottled beers.

The juicy IPA still holds its own though, due mainly to its fruit juice content.

Latest posts

Back