MJ M66 Hophead Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Didge

Reaction score
Has anybody got any experience of this yeast? M66 Hophead Ale Yeast

3 Days ago I started some in a Ginger & Citra ale at 1.070, the following morning I had a thin layer of CO2 bubbles on the surface with some noisy fizz going on. No krausen as yet, but so far so good I thought.

Yesterday the bubbling had slowed right down and there was no krausen whatsoever, so I started to suspect an infection.
This morning it appeared pretty dead so I took I gravity reading and discovered its already at 1.010.

Considering how strong the wort was I'm surprised how it's finished in as little as 60 hours, although I will leave it for a few more days just in case it's still doing its thing.

Obviously I can't comment on the final result as yet, but the resulting beer looks clear and the sample tube tasted lovely.

Has anybody got any experience of this yeast? M66 Hophead Ale Yeast

3 Days ago I started some in a Ginger & Citra ale at 1.070, the following morning I had a thin layer of CO2 bubbles on the surface with some noisy fizz going on. No krausen as yet, but so far so good I thought.

Yesterday the bubbling had slowed right down and there was no krausen whatsoever, so I started to suspect an infection.
This morning it appeared pretty dead so I took I gravity reading and discovered its already at 1.010.

Considering how strong the wort was I'm surprised how it's finished in as little as 60 hours, although I will leave it for a few more days just in case it's still doing its thing.

Obviously I can't comment on the final result as yet, but the resulting beer looks clear and the sample tube tasted lovely.
How did you get on with the yeast? I have just bought some but I haven't made up a recipe yet

Latest posts

Back