MJ Seltzer fining

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
It’s not a beer kit, but couldn’t think of where else to post….

Ive made the Raspberry MJ hard seltzer kit. It’s been in the FV for 10 days and dropped to FG. I have added the flavour pouch this eve.
It says to leave for 24 hours, add the finings (kieselsol & chitosan) and then keg, carb and chill.

My question is: could I keg and then add the finings (I do this with beer) to the keg or am I better fining in the FV and then transferring? Any advice appreciated.

The MYO Rosé Wine kit tells you to Stabilise then Clear in the FV before bottling.

Back in the day, I made a good living out of telling Oil & Gas Operators to “Read the f****ing Manual.” so I would follow the Wine Kit Instructions to Stabilise and Clear in the FV.
:hat:

The MYO Rosé Wine kit tells you to Stabilise then Clear in the FV before bottling.

Back in the day, I made a good living out of telling Oil & Gas Operators to “Read the f****ing Manual.” so I would follow the Wine Kit Instructions to Stabilise and Clear in the FV.
:hat:

Ha ha, point taken! A silly question and all that….

Asked as I wanted it for tomorrow so thought I’d risk taking a shortcut so it could carbonate and clear at the same time. I’ve fined in the FV in the end, Ill transfer and carbonate in a few more days once clear.

Back