Mmmm Cheese

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gotta love a good bit of cheese... How about a thread for people's favourites/discoveries/recommendations?

I'm lucky (?) enough that my preferred coffee place (https://fleetvillelarder.com) is also an excellent deli/wine/cheesemonger. This tends to result in me coming home with stuff I wasn't sent out for...

1642674943607.png

Last edited:
Yes, love a good bit of cheese. From the simple chunk of mature cheddar with some decent bread and pickle, to the smelliest of soft cheeses I enjoy them all.

My particular favourite is a decent bit of Stilton but the washed rind cheeses like Stinking Bishop have a special place. The French don't really have the monopoly on that style of cheese anymore though they do make some good stuff.

Decent red wine or port also required though a robust English ale with a ploughmans works brilliantly too.

There used to be a cheese making t
Gotta love a good bit of cheese... How about a thread for people's favourites/discoveries/recommendations?

I'm lucky (?) enough that my preferred coffee place (https://fleetvillelarder.com) is also an excellent deli/wine/cheesemonger. This tends to result in me coming home with stuff I wasn't sent out for...

View attachment 61487
There used to be a cheese making thread on here, don't know what happened to it.

I made my first cheese this weekend, a mozzarella . 10/10 for enjoyment, 8/10 on flavour, 5/10 on consistency of final product. We had it on pizzas on Sunday and garlic bread on Tuesday. Will definitely be making more in the future.
The food scene in Northern Ireland is amazing and we have a lot of great local cheese makers in the mix, Young Buck is easily my favourite.

Vintage Red Leicester or as it now seems to be named Red Fox is probably the favourite. (Not the plastic massed produced stuff). I Like Wensleydale, Stilton and Dovedale White (or Blue) from the Hartington Cheese company, they produce some very fine cheeses.
Don't like the cheeses which have been polluted with extra flavours apart from Snowdonia's Red Devil

Latest posts

Back