Mobile Bar

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dads_Ale

Crafty Brewer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally got the chance to take some beers to a friends bbq. Had all the kit to set up a mobile bar but never really put it all together.
All went well, the citra/ekuanot pale ale went down a storm, until the plastic party taps decided they did not want to play ball and broke the tabs off. Luckily it was at the end of the evening and a pair of pliers saved the day, but still a little embarrassing 😂
More party taps ordered and will look into other tap options that don’t cost a fortune.
D3D17BF7-CD2F-4B2C-ACDE-DF87BB15DE07.jpeg

Did things stay cold enough? What will you be changing, adding or taking away for next time?

The kegs stayed pretty cold. They had been kept in the fridge beforehand and had an extra layer of insulation around the out side. They were out for about 8hrs.
If I used it more often I would probably want a better tap set up but this looked quite expensive for a couple of times a year.

That's an interesting-looking little CO2 bottle in the middle: is it a sodastream one with some sort of jacket around it?
It’s a Midget Widget. I still have a couple of full ones but will probably change to sodastream when they run out as difficult to refills or replacements now. The jacket is just pipe insulation to add a bit of protection as it also gets strapped to a full size corny on some occasions

Back