Mobile petrol station.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
You download an app and if you would like your car fuelled you put in your reg they tell you how much it holds and then they come to your house/business and fill your car, if you cannot be there you have the option to leave your fuel cap open and they will fill it, their prices are also cheaper than the filling stations, they already have this in London do you think this will catch on?

If there cheaper than petrol stations I don't see why not, but I don't see how they can be cheaper and make a profit as petrol is a low margin thing and they must use some getting around.

I assume you have to fill up so you will probably have to put a lot more in than you normally would it wouldn't be worth their while coming to your house to stick a tenners worth in, with garages having to be open even when there are no customers I can see where this set up will be able to offer a lower price to their customers.

But still, I think petrol stations make about 5p per litre gross profit so even just to match this they make (assuming average 50L tank) thats £2.50 to deliver petrol to you unless your filling up a whole car park I can't see them being able to pay the guy who does it.

You download an app and if you would like your car fuelled you put in your reg they tell you how much it holds and then they come to your house/business and fill your car, if you cannot be there you have the option to leave your fuel cap open and they will fill it, their prices are also cheaper than the filling stations, they already have this in London do you think this will catch on?
Yes i think it could. Lots of people hate going into petrol stations. I really love the old fashioned ones where they fill it up for you and you don't even need to get out.

But still, I think petrol stations make about 5p per litre gross profit so even just to match this they make (assuming average 50L tank) thats £2.50 to deliver petrol to you unless your filling up a whole car park I can't see them being able to pay the guy who does it.

There is no way they are doing this for less than £2.50 per car so it makes you wonder if the profit the garages are making is actually more.

Latest posts

Back