Mobile phones.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And then they complain they cant afford to get on the housing ladder.

Most home owners I know went through years of scrimping and saving to get on the housing ladder. Young people these days have brand new premium cars, designer clothes, multiple holidays a year and complain they cant affor to buy a house. F***ing greedy idiots if you ask me.Think they deserve the good life handed to them on a plate.

Ale i wish you would just make your feelings a little bit clearer 😂😂😂😂

Most home owners I know went through years of scrimping and saving to get on the housing ladder. Young people these days have brand new premium cars, designer clothes, multiple holidays a year and complain they cant affor to buy a house. F***ing greedy idiots if you ask me.Think they deserve the good life handed to them on a plate.

It's the fault of them old folk hanging onto their jobs, houses and money and expecting to live longer to enjoy it. It's just not fair on young wanabees is it?

Cars should be fitted with an electronic device which produces some type of electromagnetic force field which disables mobile phone signals - job done. It's not rocket science, doesn't someone make radar-jammers or did I imagine that one?

Cars should be fitted with an electronic device which produces some type of electromagnetic force field which disables mobile phone signals - job done. It's not rocket science, doesn't someone make radar-jammers or did I imagine that one?

I am sure there must be a way of stopping phones working at a set speed but the phone companies are too scared of being the first to implement it,

Think it through, if every car was fitted with a jamming device with the amount of cars on our roads every phone in every town would end up being jammed. And someone would find a way around it, they always do. And excessive exposure to electromagnetic force has health concerns around it.

Think it through, if every car was fitted with a jamming device with the amount of cars on our roads every phone in every town would end up being jammed. And someone would find a way around it, they always do. And excessive exposure to electromagnetic force has health concerns around it.

Just give Parking Attendants the power to stop anyone using a phone and fine then on the spot. This will either generate loads of fines or get rid of parking attendants, if the cars don't stop!

How many of these "Young people (idiots) who have brand new premium cars, designer clothes and multiple holidays a year" do you actually know?

My son is 19 doing a BTEC in applied science and medical he couldn't afford a car if he wanted one and a house of his own is a distant dream, he has lots of friends and only one has a car which is not new, most of them who are not in further education work but are in fairly low paid Jobs (even these are hard to come by in South Cumbria) not only can they not afford a car they cannot afford to get on the housing ladder and it is getting worse.

The Telegraph -

Britain has a nightmare, and its name is housing. At the heart of the nightmare is the sheer expense. The average house costs five times the average person’s annual income, not far off record highs. And they’re going up too. In December house prices were almost 10 per cent higher than they were a year ago, largely thanks to George Osborne’s various mortgage subsidies. Rents have also been rising quickly too in recent years. Housing now eats up around 20 per cent of the typical family's weekly outgoings, up from 16 per cent in 2000. Housing is expensive for the Government too, as it must help the less well-off afford their soaring rents and there are now 1.7 million people hoping to secure a state-subsidised home.

Young people are finding it increasingly difficult to get on the housing ladder, and many are forced to live at home with their parents well into their twenties (or later) as they try to scrape together the enormous deposits demanded by the banks. Since the turn of the millennium, the proportion of the public who own their own homes has dipped from 70 per cent to 65 per cent, despite most people telling researchers they are as keen as ever to buy.

How many of these "Young people (idiots) who have brand new premium cars, designer clothes and multiple holidays a year" do you actually know?

My son is 19 doing a BTEC in applied science and medical he couldn't afford a car if he wanted one, he has lots of friends and only one has a car which is not new, most of them who are not in further education work but are in fairly low paid Jobs (even these are hard to come by in South Cumbria) not only can they not afford a car they cannot afford to get on the housing ladder and it is getting worse.

Chippy, the perception of young , bright things with all the mod cons and the world at their feet is dependent on which part of the country you live. In Brighton where Ale lives this may be the case, but Ulverston and the rest of the North (East and West) is not known for it's plethora of billionaires and their associated well salaried, entrepreneurial go getting youth of tomorrow.

Parts of Newcastle have a large second or third generation families without jobs and reliant on the black economy and benefits, more a "not even managing" society rather than kids with hopes and aspirations. Even so called well of people around here are on a knife edge and at the whim of the Government cuts. (What was this thread about again, I forgot?)

Chippy, the perception of young , bright things with all the mod cons and the world at their feet is dependent on which part of the country you live. In Brighton where Ale lives this may be the case, but Ulverston and the rest of the North (East and West) is not known for it's plethora of billionaires and their associated well salaried, entrepreneurial go getting youth of tomorrow.

Parts of Newcastle have a large second or third generation families without jobs and reliant on the black economy and benefits, more a "not even managing" society rather than kids with hopes and aspirations. Even so called well of people around here are on a knife edge and at the whim of the Government cuts. (What was this thread about again, I forgot?)

I guess as you say it all depends on where you live but to say -

Young people these days have brand new premium cars, designer clothes, multiple holidays a year and complain they cant affor to buy a house. F***ing greedy idiots if you ask me.

was too much of a sweeping statement so i thought i would show the other side of the coin.

Regarding rich kids...every city/large town in the country will have a percentage of wealthier persons and well heeled kids to boot. ..as for being idiots...you don't have to be well off...as for housing...it is tough and in some places there's a distinct lack of affordable housing for locals as non locals buy them for holiday homes as an example....

Cheers

Clint

so in theory, if you drive to the pub, and get drunk with the keys in your pocket, thats the same thing? you have the keys ,,your in charge of that vehicle..?

There is no legal definition for the term "in charge" so each case will depend on its exact circumstances and facts. Generally, a Defendant is "in charge" if he was the owner/in possession of the vehicle or had recently driven it. He is not in charge if it is being driven by another person or is "a great distance" from the vehicle.

Matters are more complicated where a person is sitting in the vehicle or "otherwise involved with it". In charge can include attempting to gain entry to the vehicle and failing, having keys to the vehicle, having intention to take control of the vehicle or even "being near the vehicle".

simplest solution is to make every car a fariday cage,(enclosed metal/mesh box ) thin mesh invisible to the naked eye could easily be embedded in the laminated autoglass, I Cant quite see a solution to the open window issue beyond limiting opening ala 'hotel window micro cracks' atm but im just a fat 'old' bloke sat pondering not a design engineer. :whistle:

the property market has always been cyclical, however domestic property stock now represents the majority of the UK asset base, We no longer have any Publicly owned well landed utilities or rail networks tho were still paying for em both directly and indirectly. This means the value of UK PLC or in real terms the pound in our pockets is directly tied to the value of domestic properties. Then factor in the buy to let market which incidentally has seen a lot of foreign investment, and become an artificial value sustaining force, snapping up properties that dont fetch top price.

First time buyers of all ages are screwed.

BTW Home ownership also involves extra costs and hassles with a never ending list of needs for most folk too.

Thatchers right to buy policy was just a smoke screen to rip the housing stock and its income from the hands of local authorities who were politically opposed to the then government and its policies for a large part.
It was Limited with excluding contracts for most subsequent public housing tenants as soon as it was issued. How many right to buy homes near you are now under private letting??

hehe i needed that ;)

the property market has always been cyclical, however domestic property stock now represents the majority of the UK asset base, We no longer have any Publicly owned well landed utilities or rail networks tho were still paying for em both directly and indirectly. This means the value of UK PLC or in real terms the pound in our pockets is directly tied to the value of domestic properties. Then factor in the buy to let market which incidentally has seen a lot of foreign investment, and become an artificial value sustaining force, snapping up properties that dont fetch top price.

First time buyers of all ages are screwed.

Home ownership also involves extra costs and hassles with a never ending list of needs for most folk too..

Thatchers right to buy policy was just a smoke screen to rip the housing stock and its income from the hands of local authorities who were politically opposed to the then government and its policies for a large part.
It was Limited with excluding contracts for most subsequent public housing tenants as soon as it was issued. How many right to buy homes near you are now under private letting??

hehe i needed that ;)

Am I missing something? What's that got to do with mobile phones? :confused:

My son is 19 doing a BTEC in applied science and medical he couldn't afford a car if he wanted one and a house of his own is a distant dream, he has lots of friends and only one has a car which is not new, most of them who are not in further education work but are in fairly low paid Jobs (even these are hard to come by in South Cumbria) not only can they not afford a car they cannot afford to get on the housing ladder and it is getting worse.

Give him a couple of years then.

Just kidding, I hope you have brought him up better. In the last 15 years with my last employer as a good guide, I have know at least a few dozen like that, probably more but i didnt know them well enough to know it would apply to them. I was talking about 20 somethings who work so have a reasonable wage, but spend it rather than have any inclination to save for a deposit.

One conversation I had once comes to mind, in his late 20's and doing well for himself. Had an Audi A4 bought new on finance but always complaining he couldnt afford to buy a house. I When I said he should have bought a cheap car and saved the rest he complained that he should be able to have both. I wont repeat on here what I called him, but the word arrogant was in tehre somewhere.

And there was another one. Regularly complained he lived at home and couldnt afford to buy a house. Took voluntary redundancy of over ���£20k so I said theirs your chance to buy a house. He chose to buy a BMW Z4 and go travelling. To him I said its your choice but dont complain you cant afford a house.

And there are others that I dont like. A similar one is one couple who had bought a house after their parents paid a 25% deposit and helped out with the mortgage. They both had new cars on finance and they would take three holidays every year with at least one paid for by the parents. They didnt take their kids on holiday with them as they said they needed a break from them and couldnt afford to take them, so they dumped them on their parents. Go to Spain rather than the Caribean you selfish ****ers was along the lines of my reply. I knew one of their parents as well and she and her husband still worked but would have retired years ago if they werent forking out so much for their kids. It wouldnt bother me if the kids at least showed some gratitude but said they deserved it and their parents should do that for them. Last I heard one of the parents had died of a heart attack.

The sort I was talking about all have to have iPhones as the name means everything to them and they would never consider anything less than the most trendy. They are exactly the sort of person who would use their phone while they are driving as they have an attitude that they can do what they want and have what they want. I've even witnessed a few of the ones I knew in my old work who were like that on the phone while driving.

Latest posts

Back