Mobile phones

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There was a case near Newcastle in the last year or so,When a girl was killed crossing the road by a hit and run driver.

Yup she had earplugs in and eyes down on the mobile.

It isint just crossing roads or driving, You leave yourself open to robbery and mugging.

It isint just crossing roads or driving, You leave yourself open to robbery and mugging.
I'm flabbergasted too many times to count in my area--people cross the road at busy streets, sometimes without looking up to see if traffic is watching. They'll have their gear in their ear and an eye on their device. It is something I would never consider doing.

In my youth I went through Newcastle once with walkman headphones on,The way cars sudenly came up behind me taught me a lesson.

I have seen many cyclists with those wireless ear buds in, crazy.

Bone conducting headphones, for cycling, running and even dog walking are awesome.

You hear everything around you, but can still listen to a podcast or some music. It's just like having a song stuck in your head

While jogging around where traffic is present and I'm using an iPod, I pretend I'm invisible. Foot traffic is not the norm so drivers generally aren't watching for pedestrians.

Recent trip down to Cornwall pulled up alongside a guy who was obviously watching video on phone in a mount whilst driving, about to go onto M5, some people are priceless unfortunately didn’t get his plate.

Friend of a friend is a trucker doing local deliveries. He had a cyclist undertake him, as he was turning left. He clipped the cyclist and made a bit of a mess of him. When the police arrived they breathalysed him and checked through his mobile for activity at the time of the incident. They were both negative.

Recent trip down to Cornwall pulled up alongside a guy who was obviously watching video on phone in a mount whilst driving, about to go onto M5, some people are priceless unfortunately didn’t get his plate.
If you had dash cam or mobile footage (filmed by a passenger obviously) you might have been able to submit it under Op Snap if the local force is in the scheme. Incidentally you can use your phone in an emergency while driving. I used mine to report a car all over the road on my way home from work at 3am - I'd only just picked up my new car and hadn't set up hands free yet. That would count as it's an immediate danger to road users and I called in on 999. I followed until traffic came and picked him up. He ended up with an 18 month ban.

Reactions: HSD
Back