Mojito Kilju

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I don’t normally copy recipes, but this looked intriguing!

Mojito Kilju from CS Mead channel.

Mine is slightly different to theirs, as I don’t agree with some of their methods. Here is what I put in mine:-

1.2kg granulated sugar
2 x packets fresh mint (leaves only)
Zest and juice of one lime.
Yeast Nutrient (plenty!)

This is what it looks like! Pond water at the moment, but apparently it turns out fantastic so we’ll see!

42182A96-2DBB-4926-919D-DE8E1BAD7F87.jpeg

Start gravity 1.090.

I have put glycerine in my airlock for a trial as I've just bought a litre bottle. It's bubbling steadily along - I put the yeast in about 19 hours ago :D

Video below of original recipe. 😁

I am going to be doing a series of 'cocktail' flavoured wines next I think, if this turns out well. This has inspired me!

Last edited:
Seen the vids,
I think yours has a good chance of being the better recipe.

After all theirs was a "stuck" fermentation,No way round that fact.!!
At a guess I would say lack of nutrient.

Is one lime really enough for a gallon?
Keep us posted, seems a better route than the seltzers.

Interesting .. I’m happy for you to do the experimenting. I’m not good with small volume fermentations so this will be good to hear how it turns out.

Anna

I thought about carbonating it yep, but I would like to check the flavour without the carbonation first and then possibly do the same brew again but carbonate it next time, as it’s extremely cheap to put together. 😁

Yes I am fully aware of our bigger gallons, but thanks for the advice. Don’t see what difference that would make though when all my buckets are uk bought and have uk measurements on them?

I’m not the kind of person that follows other people blindly, I have my own mind and I consider everything very carefully before I start, so no worries there!

So you must have adjusted your recipe accordingly already then, be interested to hear how this progresses 👍

Will let you know Tommo! According to Derica (the woman on the video) it tastes like 'liquid sunshine'. But she would say that! :D

Didn't really adjust their amounts no, because I didn't follow the ingredients exactly. Also, they started theirs off at an O.G. of 1.124, which is stupid high in my opinion. It then got stuck at 1.060 so they had to ram it full of acid at the end. Needless to say I've learned from their mistakes! 😅

Last edited:
It does sound interesting.
I wonder what it would be like with a "spearmint" rather than the more common variety.

Latest posts

Back