Mojito Kilju

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don’t normally copy recipes, but this looked intriguing!

Mojito Kilju from CS Mead channel.

Mine is slightly different to theirs, as I don’t agree with some of their methods. Here is what I put in mine:-

1.2kg granulated sugar
2 x packets fresh mint (leaves only)
Zest and juice of one lime.
Yeast Nutrient (plenty!)

This is what it looks like! Pond water at the moment, but apparently it turns out fantastic so we’ll see!

View attachment 44413

Start gravity 1.090.

I have put glycerine in my airlock for a trial as I've just bought a litre bottle. It's bubbling steadily along - I put the yeast in about 19 hours ago :D

Video below of original recipe. 😁

I am going to be doing a series of 'cocktail' flavoured wines next I think, if this turns out well. This has inspired me!

I love watching these guys. Interested to see how yours turns out!

Hi Lisa
Coming round to your house for drinks must be like a dream come true:beer1:.
Or at least it will be when some of your wines get a bit of age on them.😁

Ha ha, thanks John! We like to cook too but it’s hard juggling the two so you don’t end up changing your name to Willy and going to live in the sea ha ha! 🙈

Yes their channel is hypnotic even if i don't agree with all of their methods
Still winemaking is a lot easier in California than the good old UK.

Hi Lisa
I can imagine you put on an amazing spread for your family Treasure it,
It comes but once in a lifetime..

A luxury i once enjoyed myself.
And long may it last.

Not for me though my family have all passed away.

Hi Lisa
I can imagine you put on an amazing spread for your family Treasure it,
It comes but once in a lifetime..

A luxury i once enjoyed myself.
And long may it last.

Not for me though my family have all passed away.

Aw no, don’t say that! You have all of us though, we are your family.

I class you as one of my best friends, I think you’re awesome 🥰

I love the sound of this, you've inspired me to try a gallon 👍 I added a bit more lime juice at the beginning and used 1.5kg of light brown sugar but other than that I've used the same recipe. Thanks for the inspiration.

I love the sound of this, you've inspired me to try a gallon 👍 I added a bit more lime juice at the beginning and used 1.5kg of light brown sugar but other than that I've used the same recipe. Thanks for the inspiration.

You are most welcome. More lime is a good idea I think - I did a second batch and it was better with the extra lime. Also two limes needed at the end, but depends on your tastes and how sweet you like it. I like mine sweet so I stopped the fermentation at 1.014. ☺

Just wanted to add, the mistake I made on the first one was only using the leaves. I would going forward use the whole thing including the stalks - there is loads of flavour in them and it saves you buying extra mint.

Thanks for the further advice. I would like mine to be on the sweet side so I will give that a try 👍 I too used just the leaves but if I make more of it I will remember to use the stalks 🙂

Latest posts

Back