Mojito Kilju

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rasp_Brewer

Reaction score
Hi All,

would like to start by thanking CS Brews for the original recipe and very special thanks to a fellow member LisaMC for making a revised recipe for this. In this I closely followed Lisa’s recipe but made slight adjustments based on her own feedback on what she would do different it goes as follows:

-1.2kg Sugar
-Pack and a half of fresh mint stems and all torn up and bruised
-Zest of 3 small limes and juice of 2
-1 tsp pectolase
-2 tsp nutrient
-1 tsp yeast
-water to fill

The SG was 1.076 lower than Lisa’s original but I’m hoping for this to go dry then I can stabilise and backsweeten later. This is supposed to be a quick drinking thing so hope it’s done in time for Christmas it’s more of a summer drink but I quite like the flavour of limes and mint so I’m not too fused what time of year it is lol.

BB9DC2ED-D68D-4219-89E7-FAFCEAB1075A.jpeg

Last edited:
Supposedly ready to drink within 2-3 weeks although not sure if this will take longer considering we’re in the winter months and it’s colder so slower fermentation but I have a temp strip thing on two of my dj and they’re both at a unchanging temperature of 20-22 degrees

Just out of curiosity, what yeast is recommended for this recipe?
Also, what is the role of the pectolase ? As far as I know it processes pectin but with this recipe I don't see a source of pectin. So I guess it must have some other purpose.

Just out of curiosity, what yeast is recommended for this recipe?
Also, what is the role of the pectolase ? As far as I know it processes pectin but with this recipe I don't see a source of pectin. So I guess it must have some other purpose.
LisaMC used youngs super wine yeast which is the same yeast I used and as I understand I think lime contains pectin or at least I’m pretty sure they do I used both the zest and juice of the limes in this recipe I saw her mention the addition of it in a future batch or something like that so thought what was the harm in adding it

Pectolase is necessary unless you want haze - in my opinion you did right to put it in for insurance.

It doesn't need maturing at all - in fact it's better drunk sooner rather than later, while the lime and mint is still fresh. The mint can be quite strong so more lime is needed at the end to balance. And sweetening of course. It's vile when dry - for my tastes of course. Each to their own lol

Must make more of this! It's sooo good with coconut rum. I also meant to try it with hazelnut syrup as well for a hazelnut mojito. Haven't done so yet though.

Was browsing through the forum and came across this thread. Thought I’d share my Mojito Kilju aka ‘The Franklin’ from nearly 3 years ago. The actual brew that was responsible for Brian & Derica of City Steading’s Mojito Kilju which they lovingly dubbed ‘The Franklin’ as tribute. To this day still one of my favourite brews.

Attachments

• 260C2335-529B-4F82-A0A7-CBD7CCF002F3.jpeg
    260C2335-529B-4F82-A0A7-CBD7CCF002F3.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 0
Was browsing through the forum and came across this thread. Thought I’d share my Mojito Kilju aka ‘The Franklin’ from nearly 3 years ago. The actual brew that was responsible for Brian & Derica of City Steading’s Mojito Kilju which they lovingly dubbed ‘The Franklin’ as tribute. To this day still one of my favourite brews.
Looks good!

Here is my thread in case you fancy reading that too ;)

https://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/threads/mojito-kilju.93665/

Back