More Facebook leaks

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyQul

Chairman of the Bored
Reaction score
Facebook says it mistakenly let 5,000 developers gather information from people's profiles after a time limit on their rights had expired.

Apps on Facebook are supposed to be prevented from accessing people's personal data if the app has not been used for 90 days.

But Facebook said that lock-out had not always worked due to a flaw in how it recorded inactivity.

"We fixed the issue the day after we found it," the company said.

Facebook has not stated how many users had their personal data scraped.

The harvesting of Facebook users' personal information by third-party apps was at the centre of the Cambridge Analytica privacy scandal that was exposed in 2018

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-53263047

I have just started using facebook purely because of the groups format - and everyone is using it.
Consequently my name is not my own, I live in Southern Canada, and my hobbies are surfing and ping pong. :laugh8:
One thing my computing course taught me - rubbish in-rubbish out.

I don't have anything on Facebook that I'd worry about leaking out to be honest, I also don't really use 3rd party apps, and also don't have the FB app installed on my phone.

I set a fake FB account up years ago in a name no one would have taken seriously and i still got hundreds of requests to be friends from the sad of society.

I often used to ask these friend bragging users of FB of those hundreds of so called friends you have how many would you let into your house.

Latest posts

Back