Most of the gear, building from no idea!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wantser

Reaction score
Hi,

Thought it was about time I joined a forum to start to accelerate my knowhow.

Lock down was the perfect excuse to blow some money on some brewing kit - passed my FD as it was technically beer money anyway, just not going over the bar for the foreseeable months.

Had a go at a starter kit from extract a year or so back, but really wanted to get into the AG stuff as interested to take the raw ingredients and make something wonderful! First one was ok, an amber beer which turned out a little more largery, especially after leaving it under the house for a year as at first it was just a bit "meh".

Ive not got me a Klarstien Kettle with pump, cooling coil, fermenter et al and recently upscaled to corny kegs. Got an old freezer which I will turn into a keezer eventually, but is just a fermentation chamber right now.

So far, I've been buying kits of beers you can get off the shelf in super markets to see if I am anywhere near in my process, which of course is still in its early days.

Built a little space in the back of the garage to get away from the kids too - so all set up.

So far, Ive completed (and drank) Brew Dog's Dead Pony Club with reasonable success - this was bottle and mini keg conditioned with a few tester sugar levels...no bombs!

Have Sharps Golden Citrus in a conry and St Austell's Tribute just in the fermenter last night....first one with liquid yeast.

Anyway - pleased to join the community, hope to eventually be able to advise etc, but its very early days for me and this is the next step from watching hours (and I mean HOURS) of people brewing on youtube!

Cheers all

Wantser

Going by the title intro you've been watching a ginger one. Looks like you're well on the way to spending a fortune on this very addictive hoppy.
Good luck and welcome to the forum.. 👍👍

Thanks Gerry

Is that a CX500 I spot in your avatar? I have one of those tucked away in the same said garage!

Thanks Gerry

Is that a CX500 I spot in your avatar? I have one of those tucked away in the same said garage!
It's actually a Suzuki GS650GTX though has a D badge and only found out due to the fork seals years ago. 39 years now and I have had it 19 of those although it's in need of a good cleaning at the moment.
IMG_20200704_162025.jpg

Latest posts

Back