Motorbike.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have noticed there are a few bikers here so i thought a bike thread would be of interest.

What did you learn on and what bikes are/were your favourites?

My first bike was a Suzuki GT250 (before the 125 learner law came in)

Suzuki%20GT250%2076.jpg

My favourites were -

Honda XL500R

honda-xl500r-1982-4.jpg

My GS550E was a very deep red colour, they didn't have the black one in at the time and after just passing my test i was far too impatient to wait for one to come in.

1981_GS550E_US-81-1.jpg

Last edited:
Gerryjo you have just taken me back years, i remember a lad here used to ride one of these -

Fanticmotor.

fantic%201.JPG

fantic%20chopper%202.jpg

Since becoming a 'born again' biker (ahem) nearly 15 years ago I have had a succession of Yamaha's.

1. Air cooled XJ600N ( basically an unfaired Divvy). Good to see if I liked biking again
Xj600n.jpg

2. XJR1300SP. Naked grunt bike. Lovely bike but was too heavy to go touring
1300SP.jpg

3. TDM900. Been to Europe several times. Comfortable all rounder.
tdm900.jpg

4. MT-07. Probably my last bike :(. Light and riding it is so easy. Got it new this year and been a few long trips in the UK with throw-overs. Brilliant.
mt072.jpg

They have all served me well and I liked them all for different reasons

I've ridden bikes all my life, started on a Honda C50 on the fields at the back of my house in my teens. Passed my test on a CB125 and then bought a RD350 YPVS. I have had a few bikes since then and now ride a Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa. Had it for about 8 years and love it.

This is me spanking it up the runway at Dunsfold

Busa.jpg

Is it a Raleigh Moped?
Well spotted Terry. A Raleigh RM6, (1966 plate) which I sort of restored but it did have some minor issues so sold it to some young kiddy in Brighton, on eBay, last month. Got a good price as well!

my favourite bike was the next one, FZR 600

250px-1991_Yamaha_FZR600.jpg

I had a pearlecent white FZR600. I bloody loved that bike and went all over western Europe on it. I crashed it twice and have still got the left hand faring from it. Great days.....

Jas

First bike was a Yamaha DT100.
Now ride a Triumph Daytona 675.
Used to love my old RD400DX...

In chronological order...

Honda C90 (1977 when I was 17)
Honda CB250K4
Honda CB500T (right pile of c..p!)
Honda CB750F2 'Supersport'

Got married, had kids and a mortgage....
Moving on 15 years and a colleague announces he is selling his....

MZ ETZ250 (what a hoot and my way back into bikes, "save us a fortune in commuter costs love")
Moto Guzzi V50
Suzuki GSX600F
Yamaha DT175 (brief period off-roading with the TRF)
Moto Guzzi 750 Targa (another pile of c..p!)
BMW R80GS (before the 'Ewan and Charlie' effect took place). Sold it cheap, now prob worth around 5 grand !!! 'Twas a minter...
BMW R1100RS ( did 50k miles on this up and down from Yorkshire to Skye, absolutely best bike I ever owned !)
Kawasaki Versys
Honda CRF250L

... To my present bike, a BMW F650GS Dakar. Perfect for the roads on Skye.

Puch maxi moped when i was about 7 down the woods and the old pit heaps!! Ive seen 5 of is on this bad boy! Killed it eventually, had a " fizzie " at 17 then a Kwakka KH250

041.jpg

First bike was a Honda C50 (think that's right - one of those `scooterette' sort of things where any reasonable sized person had to sit on the back seat to drive it...
Last bike was this one. Actually it's still in the shed and has been there for twenty one years. The plan was to get it back on the road after the kids had grown up and left home, but unfortunately I hadn't anticipated getting old in the meantime.

1987 - guzzi chop, stage 2, outside alton c1987 2.jpg

First bike was a Honda C50 (think that's right - one of those `scooterette' sort of things where any reasonable sized person had to sit on the back seat to drive it...
Last bike was this one. Actually it's still in the shed and has been there for twenty one years. The plan was to get it back on the road after the kids had grown up and left home, but unfortunately I hadn't anticipated getting old in the meantime.

Iz that a Guzzi???!!!

Back