Mould in kegerator

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshbrewer

Out on the marshes, wailing at the moon.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When I went to get a pint last night, I was greeted with mould all over the place inside my kegerator, which I've never had before. The only thing that had changed is;

• I hadn't opened the door for about a week, as I was letting the 2 cornies in there condition and had moved onto commercial bottled stuff
  • Because of the time of year, I reakon the 'cooling' part of the kegerator is now basically off all the time, and its just very occasionally heating (its set at 12/13 degrees). I *think* there is a little fan thing at the back where the salad draw would have been which obviously won't ever be on now, but I can't be sure and I don't want to disturb the kegs until they are empty.
I've cleaned it all up with a bleach spray, but do any of you lot get mould? What do you do about it?

I have had it when I had to use the fridge to store some excess salad stuff as well as the beer over Christmas. Also some of my older cornies can get a bit on the rubber parts.
Not a huge issue and quickly cleaned off.
A friend had a worse case in his fermenting fridge where he had covered the temp probe in bubble wrap on the outside of the fermenter and hadn't checked it for ages, not a pleasant sight.

I've had a dispense fridge in my garage for at least 6 years , beeline feeds out through a hole in the side go my twin font, and have never had mould. I don't have a heater in it though.

Daz

Back