Move to kegging advice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just picking up on this, has anyone found an optimal set of parameters for serving dark mild in a kegerator? (Pressure, temp, line length, line diameter, stout/normal spout, gas type.) Can you get away with using CO2? Is a stout spout worth it?

So far I’m using 10psi at 10degC with long narrow lines, CO2 and a stout spout. It’s OK, a bit slow and not exactly creamy. I’m trying to figure out whether just to put the mild back on hand pump in the garage or whether I can serve it alongside an IPA in the kegerator. Too many variables to start changing one at a time so hoping someone has already hit on the sweet spot.

Just picking up on this, has anyone found an optimal set of parameters for serving dark mild in a kegerator? (Pressure, temp, line length, line diameter, stout/normal spout, gas type.) Can you get away with using CO2? Is a stout spout worth it?

So far I’m using 10psi at 10degC with long narrow lines, CO2 and a stout spout. It’s OK, a bit slow and not exactly creamy. I’m trying to figure out whether just to put the mild back on hand pump in the garage or whether I can serve it alongside an IPA in the kegerator. Too many variables to start changing one at a time so hoping someone has already hit on the sweet spot.
To be honest, I don't think I would be wanting a dark mild to be creamy.
I have one planned and intend to serve at 12 degrees at just over 2psi through my beer engine.

To be honest, I don't think I would be wanting a dark mild to be creamy.
I have one planned and intend to serve at 12 degrees at just over 2psi through my beer engine.
Thanks - makes sense. How do you control the temperature for serving through the beer engine? My garage is too cold at the moment at ambient temp!

Thanks - makes sense. How do you control the temperature for serving through the beer engine? My garage is too cold at the moment at ambient temp!
I have a small keezer, which only fits one keg. I used to have a regular beer tap mounted on it, but now I use a fridge for colder keg-style beer, so use the keezer for ale temp beers. I just need to make a bracket to mount the engine to the keezer itself.

Back