Moving beer from pressure barrel to corny keg

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liams1989

Reaction score
Hi all. I’ve run out of the little gas bottles for my pressure barrel and ideally I’d like to move my brew to my newly purchased corny. Is there a way without introducing too much oxygen? I don’t fancy having to spend more money on a barrel that I want to stop using.

You could try a kind of ”closed transfer”. Purge your sanitised corny with CO2 then connect the beer post to your barrel tap with a suitable length of tube. Open barrel tap and loosed barrel cap then fit a gas connector to the corny gas post to allow it to vent as the beer transfers. Make sure the bottom of the barrel is higher than the top of the corny. I suspect you would have to re-carbonate after transfer.

I would just siphon it and ensure the corny end of the tube touches the bottom. Unless you have made a heavily hopped beer I wouldn’t worry about oxidation.

I would just siphon it and ensure the corny end of the tube touches the bottom. Unless you have made a heavily hopped beer I wouldn’t worry about oxidation.
It’s a London pride clone so I wouldn’t say heavily hopped

Latest posts

Back