MP Scandals

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sunak says?
:D :D :D

Let’s all believe the Tories eh?
:D

So you don't think as @Clarence said earlier Lizzies policy to raise 30 billion by Tax cuts, NI increase reversal and loads of borrowing will push us into recession, i think Sunak is in a better position to predict what will happen if this goes ahead than you!

If you don't agree with the point above i imagine you are in quite a small minority!

As i have said before you need to take your red tinted spectacles off occasionally.

Last edited:
Lizzies policy to raise 30 billion by Tax cuts
I'm no economist, but can someone please explain to me how cutting taxes  raises money for the government?

Let's also remember that this isn't a manifesto, so anything that either candidate is saying probably won't happen anyway. Let's look back at Boris's promises when he was going for party leader. "Out of Europe by October come hell or high water" (it was actually the following year we came out), and raising the threshold for higher rate tax to £80k (which never happened).

Ignore the word raise how is this going to work and not push us into recession?

Lizzies policy to give 30 billion in Tax cuts, NI increase reversal and loads of borrowing.

Once a tory always a Tory they are not going to change their spots like all those labour turncoats going over to the Tory party so Boris could do his thing they should be ashamed of themselves.

I think this tells you which party I will be voting for -

It's not conservative and it never will be.
we will continue to be on the shitty end of the stic

Last edited:
Once a tory always a Tory I bet there hasn't been many turncoats going over to labour like all those labour voters why switched to Tory so Boris could do his thing they should be ashamed of themselves.
I think this tells you which party I will be voting for -
It's not conservative!
Where's Screaming Lord Such when he's needed?
The MRLP would actually do a better job. I reckon!

Last edited by a moderator:
I know we are going round in circles but can someone tell me what Labour would do if they got in today we all (well most of us) want this lot out for all the reasons in the thread but where would Labour start there is no pot of money they have to take it from somewhere tax the rich to pay the poor is not going to work.

I know we are going round in circles but can someone tell me what Labour would do if they got in today we all (well most of us) want this lot out for all the reasons in the thread but where would Labour start there is no pot of money they have to take it from somewhere tax the rich to pay the poor is not going to work.
Why not? Thatcher held the top rate at 60% for 9 years of her tenure. Today it's only 45% for earnings over £150K. Knock that back to £100K, I say. (Sorry Chippy, I know that's going to hit you hard in the pocket!)

But if everyone paid the tax they were supposed to we'd probably have enough. Close ALL tax havens. No more NoDom status- you pays you tax on all UK earnings in the UK. The tech giants and Amazon to pay their full whack and if they don't like it they can eff off. Treat financial planning consultants like the parasitic filth they are. If companies want do do business elsewhere rather than pay their proper rate of tax then good riddance This is a blackmail which is often held over us and it's a big, fat lie. These companies should try moving to France where, while personal tax is more generous than in the UK, corporate tax is relatively crippling.
So, start fair and on a level playing field before we even start to think about printing or borrowing more money or raising income tax rates.

But if everyone paid the tax they were supposed to we'd probably have enough. Close ALL tax havens. No more NoDom status- you pays you tax on all UK earnings in the UK. The tech giants and Amazon to pay their full whack and if they don't like it they can eff off.

That sounds all well and good but these companies have highly paid legal teams they are not going to take it laying down how long would it take to force them to pay (even if they could) and how much money would it cost to fight them.

That sounds all well and good but these companies have highly paid legal teams they are not going to take it laying down how long would it take to force them to pay (even if they could) and how much money would it cost to fight them.
Didn't you that HMRC is above the law?
They'll just take what they think is due if they're told to.
And take questions later.

How about “Of course, if you don’t pay, we will Nationalise you without compensation!”? That should get the management’s attention.

The government always has the upper hand (why else would Boris treat the electorate with such contempt) so please don’t be a defeatist.

so please don’t be a defeatist.
Absolutely. Our lionesses have just annihilated Europe. What care we for international treaties and trade agreements, we're brexit Britain. Often threatened, never smitten!
Ingerland, Ingerland. A gallon of ale apiece for the lionesses.

Right, I'm off as I'm getting a bit giddy.
🤣🤣🤣😎

That BIG Cyril Smith was a nice friendly politician - nothing to worry about thanclapa

Didn't you that HMRC is above the law?
They'll just take what they think is due if they're told to.
And take questions later.

So why haven't they done this already these companies have been getting away with it for years?

Latest posts

Back