MP Scandals

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
But we aren't cheating...
Neither are the rich, they just have more loopholes too use than an employee. Loopholes is a bad word sounds like avoidance. For instance coming up to tax time I can put x amount of dollars into my super. I pay 15% tax on that money, but that money had I not put it into my super I would have paid 33% tax on. So if you were me what would you do? As Packer said anyone who doesn't try to legally avoid tax needs their head read.

Last edited:
I see Rishi has found “The Money Tree” and is now promising a 4% cut in Income Tax!

Oh joy - for the rich of course!
... By the end of next parliament. It's a promise he knows he won't have to keep!

You said it was not legal. Sounds like illegal, bit like cheating....
Not cheating, just an oversight from the taxation dept. I put $70,000 into my super, fully expecting the tax dept to ask where the money had come from. They didn't so happy to pay the 15% tax. Just a blind spot on the ATO radar, who are normally very good.

Not cheating, just an oversight from the taxation dept. I put $70,000 into my super, fully expecting the tax dept to ask where the money had come from. They didn't so happy to pay the 15% tax. Just a blind spot on the ATO radar, who are normally very good.
But still illegal.

Read your previous posts before responding
I have, illegal or not, the ATO never questioned me nor me them in the years following. Saved me a lot in company tax as I was putting the profits into my super. It is still a win for the ATO as they will never have to pay me a pension, even though I have paid into a pension scheme.
Different to what you have over there. Pensions here come under a means test, if you have too much money you will not get a brass razoo of the money you have paid into your pension fund.

Precious McKenzie

In Post #82 I wrote:

Simple. I believe that in the UK:
  1. We have some politicians that are honest and hard working.
  2. The majority of these politicians are in the Labour Party.
and in Post #140 @Chippy_Tea responded with:

I have read some ridiculous posts in this forum but i think that takes the biscuit.

Today on TV I saw ONE of the many reasons why I wrote what I did. It came during a “flash back” sequence of the Commonwealth games and showed Precious McKenzie:

“Born in Durban, South Africa, Precious McKenzie suffered from ill-health during his childhood. An ambition to be a circus performer ended because of South Africa's race laws and this led him to weight training and weightlifting.

Although he was ranked the best weightlifter in his weight category in South Africa, he was barred from representing his country at the 1958 British Empire and Commonwealth Games that year. Because he was classified as “Coloured” under the apartheid regime he was also excluded from the South African team for the 1960 Rome Olympiad.

In 1963, he was told he could be included in the South African team for the 1964 Olympics, provided he was segregated from the white members of the team. He refused and left South Africa for Britain in 1964 with his wife and young family.

British minister for sport, Dennis Howell, fast-tracked his citizenship application to allow him to compete for England in the 1966 Commonwealth Games in Jamaica where he won gold.”

Obviously a blast from the past but I have a long memory and I cannot imagine a Tory MP doing anything similar back when South Africa was running apartheid; plus Mr McKenzie is the only Gold Medalist I have ever met!
athumb..

References:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precious_McKenzie
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Howell

Precious McKenzie

In Post #82 I wrote:

2. The majority of these politicians are in the Labour Party.
and in Post #140 @Chippy_Tea responded with:

I have read some ridiculous posts in this forum but i think that takes the biscuit.

Today on TV I saw ONE of the many reasons why I wrote what I did. It came during a “flash back” sequence of the Commonwealth games and showed Precious McKenzie:

“Born in Durban, South Africa, Precious McKenzie suffered from ill-health during his childhood. An ambition to be a circus performer ended because of South Africa's race laws and this led him to weight training and weightlifting.

Although he was ranked the best weightlifter in his weight category in South Africa, he was barred from representing his country at the 1958 British Empire and Commonwealth Games that year. Because he was classified as “Coloured” under the apartheid regime he was also excluded from the South African team for the 1960 Rome Olympiad.

In 1963, he was told he could be included in the South African team for the 1964 Olympics, provided he was segregated from the white members of the team. He refused and left South Africa for Britain in 1964 with his wife and young family.

British minister for sport, Dennis Howell, fast-tracked his citizenship application to allow him to compete for England in the 1966 Commonwealth Games in Jamaica where he won gold.”

Obviously a blast from the past but I have a long memory and I cannot imagine a Tory MP doing anything similar back when South Africa was running apartheid; plus Mr McKenzie is the only Gold Medalist I have ever met!
athumb..

References:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Precious_McKenzie
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Denis_Howell
Not a ridiculous Mail absolutely spot and ignore the above comments and keep telling things as they are.

You quite wrong @Dutto.
He would certainly have been fast-tracked under today's regime.
Fast-tracked with a one-way ticket to Rwanda.

You can spin it any way you want still say saying more of the Tories party are dishonest compared to labourc is ridiculous where is your evidence?
  2. The majority of these politicians are in the Labour Party

You can spin it any way you want still say saying more of the Tories party are dishonest compared to labourc is ridiculous where is your evidence?
hes never got over Ernest Marples wrecking the railways and then disappearing to France with his ill gotten gains.

Not to mention the Lords, where they rock up sign in and then go to their private club, a few hundred pounds richer.

I have NEVER used the word “dishonest” in the quote you choose to protest about, …

… I have merely pointed out that, in my opinion, “… honest and hard working.” MP’s seem to be in the Labour Party!

In Hamlet is the sentence “The lady doth protest too much, methinks.”

Maybe you should stop protesting the obvious?
athumb..

hes never got over Ernest Marples wrecking the railways and then disappearing to France with his ill gotten gains.
Er … Ernest Marples was a Tory politician so why would I even try to get over anything he did?
aheadbutt

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ernest_Marples

Latest posts

Back