Mr Beer - Bewitched Amber Ale

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bort

Reaction score
This morning I've brewed the Bewitched Amber Ale kit from Mr Brew which I picked up from my favourite supplier, Brew2Bottle in Lancashire.

It is a 9-litre kit, which I didn't realise when ordering, so I've increased the volume to 13.5 litres by adding 500g of Munton's Extra Light Spray Malt with just the standard yeast sachet. Although the target gravity isn't stated on the kit, I have taken the original gravity to be 1042.

I aim to bottle these ready for the warmer evenings so will post up here how I get on.

Has anyone else enjoyed this kit and have I done the right thing in increasing the volume with added fermentables?

The beer has had nearly a fortnight fermenting and we've hit a final gravity of 1012 which gives a beer strength of 3.9% which I am really happy with. Time to bottle it in 500ml PET bottles with one carbonation drop per bottle as I do not want the beer being overly-fizzy.

I shall let you know how it tastes in a couple of weeks!

Are you living near Arley Hall? I'm in Appleton.
No, but I am in Cheshire... my wife branded my home-based brewery for me as a 40th birthday present so I have a variety of labels for my beer boxes and all-important bottles which I can stick small labels on to depending on what ale they contain... it was a fantastic gift!

Latest posts

Back