Mrs Brown's Boys - the worst comedy ever made

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still Game. Cracking show, watched every episode.
Bobby the barman was my favourite, his failed attempts to outwit Jack and Victor were gems.

Last edited:
Only Fools & Horses all day long, though still a fondness for classic 80's comedy like Terry & June, Allo Allo, Hi-Di-Hi, etc.

Mind you, for the right or wrong reasons also loved "Till Death Is Do Part" & the follow up "In Sickness & In Health".

I don't like any of those 'comedies', not necessarily because they aren't 'PC', but because they are just not funny and are...... well, ****.

Year of The Rabbit is the funniest thing I've seen recently

I don't like any of those 'comedies', not necessarily because they aren't 'PC', but because they are just not funny and are...... well, ****.

I am in a huge minority here having said i like Mrs Brown Boys yet it won the award when up against many of the members favourites (who all said said MBB is ****) i read Little Briton wont be making its planned return to our screens as "The only gay in the village" etc are not considered PC anymore, to be honest i never found any of it funny and i think i managed to watch 15 minutes before switching off never to watch again.

I am in a huge minority here having said i like Mrs Brown Boys yet it won the award when up against many of the members favourites (who all said said MBB is ****) i read Little Briton wont be making its planned return to our screens as "The only gay in the village" etc are not considered PC anymore, to be honest i never found any of it funny and i think i managed to watch 15 minutes before switching off never to watch again.
I guess that what we all each find funny is quite a personal thing. I liked Little Britain at the time, but it has not aged well. Timeless humour seems to be difficult to achieve. The Fast Show is still good in my opinion

I will be a plus one!
Little Britain is brutal, timeless comedy can be achieved, Steptoe and son, Rikki Fulton????

Another one I like is the IT crowd, a linehan classic, from the father Ted stable, a story about geeks, sociopaths and computers.

nope sorry cant stand it, but i also think gervais is the most unfunny person on the planet and that includes the office, by the michael McIntyre is totally not funny as well

by the way mike reed was a real comedian

Kevin Bridges is good, Frankie Boyle is another, like the way he sails close to the edge. A front seat at one of his shows would be fun.

I do not find Boyle funny, a comedian who takes the **** out of the disabled and people dying is not one I want to watch.

I liked Gervais's stuff. The office took a bit of getting used to, as with all of his shows it's not just about him. He's helped many actors along the way. Mackenzie Crook, Martin Freeman and who can forget Dawn, the receptionist. I liked his other stuff other stuff such as Derek and Extras. again due to the supporting cast. They weren't perfect but I found them entertaining.
Gervais is probably a very irritating person to be around in real life. Frankie Boyle seems to take a pop at him, but I don't think he cares if people like him, which contrasts to most narcissistic types I've come across, who seek attention but need to be liked and can't cope with rejection.
The cringe worthy traits of his characters that are self mocking and uncomfortable obviously don't appeal to everyone. I've heard many say they like the Office for example, but can't stand Gervais's character.
How he manages to get asked to do the Golden Globes speeches baffles me, maybe the Hollywood types need bringing back down to earth from time to time.

I do not find Boyle funny, a comedian who takes the **** out of the disabled and people dying is not one I want to watch.
I've not seen sketches of him take the **** out of disabled people, although I accept he does sail very close to the wind.

Latest posts

Back