Multiple boilers on same ring

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jayk34

Landlord.
Reaction score
I was considering getting another boiler in addition to my burco. I only have one 32a ring main in my garage. Would this be enough to run 2 x 2.4kw boilers or will I need to run an extension from the house from a different ring ?

Your garage has its own 32A ring?
If so, 2 x 2400W is a bit over 20A so yes, with some to spare assuming there’s not much else on the garage ring.

If it’s all the same ring main as the house then I wouldn’t personally. A kettle or a fan heater would test out your 32A breaker if both burco’s were on.

Ask an electrician to come and check it out if there’s any doubt.

Your garage has its own 32A ring?
If so, 2 x 2400W is a bit over 20A so yes, with some to spare assuming there’s not much else on the garage ring.

If it’s all the same ring main as the house then I wouldn’t personally. A kettle or a fan heater would test out your 32A breaker if both burco’s were on.

Ask an electrician to come and check it out if there’s any doubt.
Thanks for the info. Yes, the garage has a separate consumer unit from the house with its own 32a breaker. The electrician had out that in as I had requested a socket to use my arc welder in the garage.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back