Muntons Flagship Hazy IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too was very impressed with the muntons hazy ipa and will be doing another one soon. In the mean time one of my family purchased a bosses boss part mash kit from dark rock , it comes , the instruction say to add a kilo of brewing sugar to the kit which incidentally has a final gravity of 7%, my question to you or anyone that can help is when brewing this part mash kit could you leave the sugar out to lower the OG with no real change to the balance of the kit , I feel sure that the partridge brothers did just that when they reviewed this kit.cheers in advance guys 👍

I left it out matey, it still finished 6%+ which is more than ample.

Yes it's totally down to your personal choice and you can leave it out, no change in taste

After all the hype, I had to give this kit a try. It seems I'm in the minority here (if not out on my own) but was quite underwhelmed. It's not bad, but I'm struggling to get through the keg. It seems they have added some wheat malt extract to the tins to achieve the haze and that seems to give it soft mouthfeel which I found a bit weird. Mine also had a noticeable alcohol taste which seemed harsh. For reference I used tap water with Harris Pure brew and brewed in ferm fridge at 20c for 2 weeks.
I think I’m in agreement with you.
I much prefer the Tiny Rebel Cwtch.
But I want to do the flag ship brews I did last time again. Just to make sure.

Hi Chaps, I've done this brew a few times with mixed results. Some great information on oxidisation when bottling etc through the thread👍I'm currently using a starter kit with plastic 20L FV can anyone tell me what their using? I think the change in temp is affecting the end result so I'm wondering if investing in a temp controlled FV might help?

I brewed with supplied yeast and use a brew fridge to keep at 20 C. Forv3?weeks. Then transfer to corny and force carb.
There’s nothing wrong with the beer. For me it didn’t live up to the hype and I feel cheaper (not by much these days) kits are just as good.
I will add I did the hazy and the juicy and both had amazing aromas. Up there with verdant commercial beers.

Put this on today and looking forward to it. I was a little too cocky and rather than doing 20L I assumed it was 23L. Took the OG and it was 1.042 so quickly realised something was wrong.

I've attempted to boost with 650g of brew enhancer and 100g of sugar which has put it up to 1.053. Hopefully, it will come out OK - probably a little thinner and less hoppy than it should be but I've learned to RTFM for next time.

Put this on today and looking forward to it. I was a little too cocky and rather than doing 20L I assumed it was 23L. Took the OG and it was 1.042 so quickly realised something was wrong.

I've attempted to boost with 650g of brew enhancer and 100g of sugar which has put it up to 1.053. Hopefully, it will come out OK - probably a little thinner and less hoppy than it should be but I've learned to RTFM for next time.
Did exactly the same last time I did this kit. It does come out a bit thin with the extra 3 ltrs but otherwise fine.

Back