Muntons Flagship Hazy IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I made one as a test for Muntons - see the 'New range of kits arriving from Muntons...' thread in the 'Beer kit brewing discussion' forum.

It was so good, I have done it again and it's currently conditioning.

You won’t be disappointed, best kit I’ve ever tried, I did swap the kit yeast for a verdant yeast and it really makes the hops shine, can’t wait for it to fully condition, did the west coast at the same time , brewed as said in the instructions and also tastes very promising, have ordered another hazy and will brew after the stout and a cider have finished, don’t want to be without some of this beer in my stock so will be brewing regularly

After a couple of weeks in the fridge there she goes - kegged today & a quick blast of 30psi. An expensive kit but well worth it - pretty similar to Brewdog / Cloudwater neipa.

Attachments

• 591175FB-0883-460E-974B-2BCF571E7350.jpeg
    591175FB-0883-460E-974B-2BCF571E7350.jpeg
    66.2 KB · Views: 152
You won’t regret it, the only thing is with this kit I will be definitely using a straining bag for the dry hops next time ,was a nightmare trying to strain them with the little bag provided with the kit which is supposed to go over the end of your siphon tube just doesn’t work at all.The produce bags from Asda’s look brilliant for the job and at 30 pence each will be giving them a try on my next hazy ipa brew

Got one of these on the go at the moment. Hope it's better than any BrewDog offering 😄

Regarding hop straining gave up on those stupid mesh bags ages ago. I now cold crash and use one of these:

1629736400701.png

Never have issues with clogging etc.

Available on eBay/Amazon/AliExpress etc.

Why did they do 35 pints????

Gets a higher ABV out of a standard 2 can kit. Guess it's just the way they package stuff (i.e. in cans). Some other kits you get bigger pouches of malt or extra dextrose so you can brew a stronger beer but at 40 pint volume. The Tiny Rebel Cwtch kit they do is the same.

Suits me as less I need to bottle before putting the rest in a 19L corny.

Has anyone got a note of their OG and FG for this kit? I started at 1043 and now at 1008 which is about 4.6% (not put in 2nd batch of hops yet) so was wondering if it‘ll drop further?

Thanks

My goodness! This has to the best kit beer I’ve ever done even though it’s not my usual style.

It’s exactly like the trendy cans of hazy that cost £2 for a little can in the shops! Fruity, hoppy, full flavoured, great creamy lasting head, not too strong or bitter and smells amazing! Worth every penny! I priced up an all grain recipe for a hazy ipa before going for this and it’s not much, if any cheaper….give it a try.

My goodness! This has to the best kit beer I’ve ever done even though it’s not my usual style.

It’s exactly like the trendy cans of hazy that cost £2 for a little can in the shops! Fruity, hoppy, full flavoured, great creamy lasting head, not too strong or bitter and smells amazing! Worth every penny! I priced up an all grain recipe for a hazy ipa before going for this and it’s not much, if any cheaper….give it a try.
Good isn't it! Had the first few pints from my corny and I'm very impressed. Have the Amber Ale on order to try next.

I just bottled my first batch of this a week ago! Hope it turns out as good as yours, the hop pellets smelt incredible.

Oooooo. I got a corny of the hazy and the west coast. Been in a week and reading this thread makes it so hard not to tap it.
I’ve got the milk stout and a cwtch to do next. So far the cwtch is probably the best kit I’ve done but have high hopes fur the flag ship brews.

Latest posts

Back