Muntons Flagship Hazy IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mate go for it sounds spot on , try and leave it for another two weeks after bottling with your primer sugar of choice then somewhere cooler for another two weeks ( 2- 2- 2 ) and your in for a treat , enjoy , trust me it’s worth the wait 👍🍻

Had this kit on the shelf for a couple of months as I've got the AG bug.
Sounds too good to leave there any longer!
Think I'll be adding 1.2kg of LME though as I like 'em strong. 🤣
Won’t be the same mate will be to much alcohol for the style just brew as instructions and I really think you will like it and then if you want to try will more extract try it on your next attempt but I honestly don’t think it would work out , but that’s just based on my opinion 👍

Won’t be the same mate will be to much alcohol for the style just brew as instructions and I really think you will like it and then if you want to try will more extract try it on your next attempt but I honestly don’t think it would work out , but that’s just based on my opinion 👍
Too late mate. It's at 1.058 and brewed long to 23 litres.
I'll adjust the hops to suit.

Anyone batch prime this before bottling? If so, how much sugar did you use? I'm thinking 100g of dextrose for 18.5 litres or so?

I personally used 96 grams of brewing sugar, to give 2.2 volumes and the temp of beer was 19c at bottling time , and it seemed fine for me for my tastes 👍

Well my keg of this ran out during half term 😭

Possibly one of the best kit beers I've ever made to date, absolutely delicious. Will definitely be brewing this again at some point in future.

My only criticism is that mine got less hazy as the keg got used up, guess the haze finally started to settle out 😆

Hey everyone
Had this kit a while and just about to do for Christmas in the coming weeks,
In regards to yeast is it best with the kit yeast provided or swap out for llalemnand verdant yeast I have both or even mangrove jacks hophead?

Hey everyone
Had this kit a while and just about to do for Christmas in the coming weeks,
In regards to yeast is it best with the kit yeast provided or swap out for llalemnand verdant yeast I have both or even mangrove jacks hophead?
I used the verdant mate , and it was spot on, first time using this yeast , won’t be the last brilliant for the flagship hazy 👍🍻

Bottled mine about 2 weeks ago. Cracked one open the other night as I couldn't wait any longer!

Certainly tastes decent. Mine came out a lot darker than I was expecting though?

Oxidisation mate , you have to be super careful with these hazy neipa,s as they are very prone to said oxidisation, hope it don’t spoil it for you 👍🍻

Well I've just had the first pint, and it was worth the wait. Smells great, full of flavour. Best one I've done so far, worth the extra money. Will definitely do this again.

Back