Muntons Flagship Hazy IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds promising out of interest what did it finish at ? mine was 1010 at bottling.
I'm down to my last few bottles. I enjoyed mine last night have got say it has cleared a out more than I expected bottled 13/11/21 so around 70 days in the bottle still a nice hoppy brew.:beer1:
1010 on the nose. Was your's murky at bottling?

This is how mine looks (bottled last night). Any concerns?
20220124_172215.jpg

Looks fine to me plenty in that bottle to go at say ten days from now in a glass with a nice bit of sparkle carbonation bubbles and a mouth watering white head enjoy

Thanks all. I sqeezed the headspace out before screwing on the lids and there's at least an inch showing now so carbonation is well under way. I'll stick one in the fridge next Wednesday then crack it opwn on the Friday night. Fingers crossed!

It does look a bit milky the way the sample is part settling in the sample jar looks like it's been stirred up,
worth checking fermenting conditions / temperature's yeast is a living thing it can be effected by a number of things during fermentation, I was in the homebrew shop some time ago and a chap there told me he "had his fermenter on the kitchen's heated floor" and spoiled his brew by overheating.
My advice would be like above "CLEAN AND SANITIZE" try to keep temperature's balanced I have found that when a brew is fermenting it seems to generate it's own heat and just needs to be kept cosy.
If your unsure follow the instructions closely especially at £30 ish a kit

A last ditch thing you could try is re pitch some yeast but personally I would wait a couple of days to see if it ferments out
I hope you can save it
hopefully ok as sg down to 1,014 yesterday. fingers crossed

Got one of these on the go at the moment. Hope it's better than any BrewDog offering 😄

Regarding hop straining gave up on those stupid mesh bags ages ago. I now cold crash and use one of these:

View attachment 53211

Never have issues with clogging etc.

Available on eBay/Amazon/AliExpress etc.
Can you post a link for these? I've tried a search but no luck.

Can you post a link for these? I've tried a search but no luck.
Loads on eBay, though mainly Chinese sellers. This one claims to be UK based: 2X Stainless Steel Mesh Homebrew Inching Siphon Filter For Brew Wine Making~UK | eBay

Think mine came from China, seem to remember waiting a few weeks. Also on AliExpress so will definitely be from China: siphon filter - Buy siphon filter with free shipping on AliExpress

I did need to adapt mine slightly by widening the hole with a drill bit to get it on the end of a rigid plastic siphon tube.

Loads on eBay, though mainly Chinese sellers. This one claims to be UK based: 2X Stainless Steel Mesh Homebrew Inching Siphon Filter For Brew Wine Making~UK | eBay

Think mine came from China, seem to remember waiting a few weeks. Also on AliExpress so will definitely be from China: siphon filter - Buy siphon filter with free shipping on AliExpress

I did need to adapt mine slightly by widening the hole with a drill bit to get it on the end of a rigid plastic siphon tube.
That's great. Thanks

@allotment_fox I just checked on my brew and there is no airlock action. This was pitched on Saturday night so surely can't be finished by now? I also pitched a MJ Citra IPA on Sunday and it has also stopped although I can still see a thick krausen. Both FVs are showing 22°C on the stick-on thermometer strip and the air temp is just above 20. I did MJs American IPA in Sept and it finished in 4 days so I know their M44 yeast is a fast worker. The Muntons was pitched with the kit yeast, Safale-04. Should I be worried?
I'm experiencing something similar with the Hazy IPA kit. Bubbled away nicely for the first day or so but slowed down dramatically (stopped ?) after pitching the hops on Day 1.
Now on Day 8 and trying to be patient but not sure whether to add more yeast or not.
Mind you, it's sitting at c1.007 !
How did your's turn out ?

Funny enough mate thats what my hazy finished at before Christmas an was gorgeous but I left my for the whole two weeks and then bottled with 96 grams of dextrose to give two volumes , and the carbonation was spot on , so would suggest that you leave yours alone for the full 14 days check again then bottle or keg , you won’t be disappointed definitely the best kit on the market today in my opinion 👍🍻

Back