Muntons Hazy IPA - Incorrect Hops supplied

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just opened my latest brew project which is a Muntons Hazy IPA extract kit. The ingredients (hops) for this kit should be 2 x 28gms Citra & 2 x 30gms Mosaic, to be dry hopped in 2 stages of 1 x 28gms Citra & 1 x 30gms Mosaic at 5 days then repeated at 10 days.

Unfortunately the kit supplied has 3 x 30gms Mosaic and only 1 x 28gms Citra, so obviously this will impact on the finished beer taste, but not being an expert on Hops and their respective affects-flavours etc, just exactly what affect would it have? Is it worth just proceeding with the kit as supplied? Or should i return and wait for a new kit to be supplied? Bearing in mind that i am completely out of brew so chomping at the bit to get one in the fermenter.

Hi guys,

I just opened my latest brew project which is a Muntons Hazy IPA extract kit. The ingredients (hops) for this kit should be 2 x 28gms Citra & 2 x 30gms Mosaic, to be dry hopped in 2 stages of 1 x 28gms Citra & 1 x 30gms Mosaic at 5 days then repeated at 10 days.

Unfortunately the kit supplied has 3 x 30gms Mosaic and only 1 x 28gms Citra, so obviously this will impact on the finished beer taste, but not being an expert on Hops and their respective affects-flavours etc, just exactly what affect would it have? Is it worth just proceeding with the kit as supplied? Or should i return and wait for a new kit to be supplied? Bearing in mind that i am completely out of brew so chomping at the bit to get one in the fermenter.
I would not put any beer on to brew until Monday at the earliest due to the hot weather.
In your position I would just do it with 2xMosaic at 5 and rest at 10.
If you can be bothered to, you could raise the issue with where you got it from - if you are lucky you might get some "bunce" Citra in time!

Contact your supplier and they should send you the missing hops.
That would be the easy option, however i’m short on beer and time is of the essence. Fortunately the good folk at Muntons are going to send me a replacement satchet of the Citra Hops and have been very apologetic So i will wait until it arrives before commencing.

I would not put any beer on to brew until Monday at the earliest due to the hot weather.
In your position I would just do it with 2xMosaic at 5 and rest at 10.
If you can be bothered to, you could raise the issue with where you got it from - if you are lucky you might get some "bunce" Citra in time!
100% agreemate, even though i’m chomping at the bit to get a brew on, i really can’t be bothered in this heat.

I brew in my garage, which was the builders sales office when this small estate was built so it is fully plastered and insulated, carpeted, lined, fully wired and even has a water supply so it’s not like a regular garage. But, it’s 26 degrees in there today and although i can keep beer warm, i don’t have any means to chill it yet.

I do plan to build a Fermentor Fridge or whatever they’re called, but as yet just haven’t got round to it yet.

100% agreemate, even though i’m chomping at the bit to get a brew on, i really can’t be bothered in this heat.

I brew in my garage, which was the builders sales office when this small estate was built so it is fully plastered and insulated, carpeted, lined, fully wired and even has a water supply so it’s not like a regular garage. But, it’s 26 degrees in there today and although i can keep beer warm, i don’t have any means to chill it yet.

I do plan to build a Fermentor Fridge or whatever they’re called, but as yet just haven’t got round to it yet.
Sounds like a fairly plush garage to me!
The estate I live on the analogous garage was converted very quickly into living space.
Tuesdays come around with tedious regularity and will soon be with us, so stay patient, my friend!

Latest posts

Back